cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocked emails

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Blocked emails

Has anyone noticed their posts have been marked as "suspicious content"?
I send my posts to myself as well as my subscribers.
In Gmail, my post comes in stating "This message is not safe".

What am I paying for?

Mike

6 REPLIES 6
CTCT Employee

Re: Blocked emails

Hello @MichaelS875,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! I apologize that Gmail is marking your emails as suspicious content. Gmail has updated their security filters so if it feels that an email may be suspicious it marks it as that. That can be because of something within your newsletter. Please take a look at our helpful article that will give you advice on how to avoid the spam filter and also not be marked as suspicious. 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Occasional Advisor

Can we PLEASE GET THIS FIXED???? I do design work for 2 partner companies and both our accounts are being effected by this, and click numbers have gone down. We are very close to just switching to another provider.

EDIT: In response to the CTCT employee response. This has nothing to do with our company links, and everything to do with the tracking links that Constant Contact uses (see screenshot). This is on your end and not the customers, so don't even try to put this on us. I've already contacted someone through your company chat and sent the screenshot. The company I am employed through is part of an umbrella company of 8 other large corporations. We will switch them all away from Constant Contact if this isn't fixed.

Screenshot_2019-11-01-10-40-36.png

Hi @BeaconPromotions 

It appears the message you're getting with your link is different from the original message this thread was focused on. The message in your screenshot does however mention the Constant Contact tracking URL. We want to make sure you are assisted and will be happy to troubleshoot this further with our advanced level of support. We will reach back out with any further updates.

Frankie.P

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
CTCT Employee

Hello again @MichaelS875 thank you for your patience as we took a further look into this.

You are definitely right, It appears your security software is flagging our tracking links (https://r20.rs6.net/) as malicious links. Earlier this week we were experiencing an issue where multiple security software systems were being flagged as malicious when they shouldn't have been. This issue has since been resolved by our Compliance team.

Was this screenshot you provided from today? If so, please forward the affected email to social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com so we can look a bit further into this. 

We look forward to hearing from you soon, thank you for bringing this to our attention we hope you have a great weekend.

Brigitte P

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Occasional Advisor

No, my message is not different. You guys aren't understanding this is a site-wide Constant Contact issue with Gmail. Your tracking URL's are being flagged by Gmail, it's not anyone's security software at their companies. We've had more customers than I can count sending in screenshots, and they are all from Gmail. Our partner companies are also reporting this issue.

Edit: Here is another one from a customer. Screen Shot 2019-11-04 at 9.12.40 AM.png20191101_154602.jpg

Tags (2)
CTCT Employee

@BeaconPromotions,

Thank you for the screenshot. Recently another company purchased a similar domain (r20rs6.net) instead of ours ( r20.rs6.net) which has caused several issues.

We are working with Gmail to get this issue cleared up, but I do not have an exact timeframe for when it will be fixed.

Timothy_G