cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bouncebacks

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Bouncebacks

Dear Sir/Madam, We have been having issues with some of our clients receiving our Constant Contact posts. I have tried deleting them from our distribution lists and then re-adding them back in but this does not seem to have made any difference. Are you able to provide an explanation as to why this may be? Thanks,
Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1
CTCT Employee

Re: Bouncebacks

Hello @GarryS53

Thank you for reaching out. When an email address bounces as non-existent, Constant Contact will first place that address on a temporary hold for 15 days. During this time, our system will not attempt to send any campaigns to this address from any account. When an account attempts to send to an address in this state, the address will be included in that campaign's Suspended bounce category. Therefore, if you notice any email addresses bouncing as suspended the first time you try to send to them, they have bounced as non-existent previously on a different account. If it bounces as non-existent consistently, the email address will be assumed non-existent and placed on indefinite hold. During this time the email address will continue to appear in the Suspended bounce category in campaigns that attempt to send to it.

If you have a valid email address that is bouncing, please call Customer Support. The address will remain in a state where it cannot be sent to via Constant Contact until you call Support.

• If you have a list of proven active addresses that are bouncing as non-existent or suspended, you can also email them to social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com. Be sure to include your username and a description of how you know the addresses are active.

Once you have gone through this process the temporary hold will be lifted, you can attempt to resend the email to that contact again. I have also included a few FAQs below for more information on managing bounces. I hope this was helpful to you! 

What happens to addresses that bounce

Lenszie V.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!