cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Due to an issue with YouTube, inserting videos in your emails is showing an error. Until they are able to resolve this issue, we recommend using a different video hosting service. We will continue to monitor this outage and update you as we have more information.

Bounced email contacts

Occasional Visitor

Bounced email contacts

Hi everyone,

We used to be about update an email if it had bounced and had an apparent error like constantcontact@yahooo.com. We could delete an "o" and make it constantcontact@yahoo.com. We've been receiving an error for months and it doesn't save. Also, we've called Constant Contact's support and we're told they see a problem but they never follow through and fix the issue. Please see attached.Constant Contact error message.png

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
CTCT Employee

Re: Bounced email contacts

Hello @JasonK203,

Thank you for reaching out to us about this bounced contact error. I do see that Nate emailed you on the 20th, to collect additional information, since you were unable to troubleshoot over the phone at the time. 

I've included his response here, but we ask that you respond to his email directly with this information, rather than posting private account information publically, in order to protect your account and contacts:

"First of all, I want to apologize for any inconvenience this issue has been causing you.

As our support representative may have mentioned, we do have a known defect that can result in the issue you are experiencing. But it appears that the workaround we have found for the issue did not resolve it in this case. So I do have some questions that could help us identify what is happening here and deliver a resolution for you.

First, what is the email address of the contact that is bouncing?

What campaign were you attempting to edit the contact from?

Could you provide the email address that you were attempting to change it to?

Was it more than one contact experiencing this issue? If so, could you reply with other examples, and the addresses you were trying to change them to?

Are you able to provide a screenshot of the page when you are attempting to update the email address of one of these contacts?

This article has steps on how to take a screenshot in case you need that information."

If you need any help collecting this information, please let us know.

Amber_L
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Occasional Visitor

This happens with all of our campaigns and it isn't an isolated issue. Also, we've been dealing with this for months now and we've called several times. Not sure how I can help you from our end.

CTCT Employee

Hello @JasonK203,

The Nate who contacted you is actually working directly to try to track down and fix the issue.  It seems to be happening to a small number of clients, and in your case it seems more constant than in others.  Nate needs the information he requested so he can better analyze our database, and track down exactly what is causing the issue.  If the issue was more wide-spread, we would have more information collected to track it down more easily.  Replying to him with the requested information is the most helpful thing you can do in this instance.

Aaron_H
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.