cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bounced emails

Bounced emails

How do I activate suspended emails? I have several emails that bounce/suspended, but the recipient insists that it is a good address. They do not want to use a different email.
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Re: Bounced emails

Hello @ChrisD191, please feel free to give our Support team a call or chat so that they unsuspend those addresses for you! 

Amber_L
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
CTCT Employee

Hi @ChrisD191. I can certainly understand why this would be helpful especially if these are good email addresses. I wanted to provide some more information about these contacts and how we can help you. Suspended emails occur when an email bounces repeatedly as Non-existent. When you repeatedly send emails to Non-existent email addresses, they can have a negative impact on your deliverability rate. This can happen from any Constant Contact account, so if that contact becomes suspended in another account, it will also become suspended in yours. For more information about this bounce category, please click here. As Amber already stated, if you believe these are valid emails, please reach out to our support team via this link here, as they will be able to look further into them.

Brian_H

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

Brian,

I've seen your explanation several times before and I always end up with the same question. If the emails are valid and verified, how are they suspended in the first place? I understand sending to a "non-existent" email multiple times will land it on the suspended list, but if the email does exist why would it be suspended? 

I've even come across some of my contacts who showed as suspended in one campaign, were sent to again a month later and the emails were received and opened. While I suppose anything is possible, it seems a little hard to imagine someone called on each of them and had them reinstated.

CTCT Employee

Hi @DavidH04,

Thank you for reaching out to us through the Community. When we send out an email campaign we usually receive a message from the ISP of the email address indicating why the email campaign did not get sent through. It is possible that sometimes the ISP gives a different response than what is actually the case. The reason why some contacts are suspended without bouncing initially as non-existent is because Constant Contact uses global email addresses and if a contact was suspended or bounced as non-existent in another Constant Contact account, it will bounce as suspended in other accounts that the email address is a part of.  

There are cases in which if it is a company domain and there are numerous amount of contacts are bouncing as suspended, we suggest to whitelist Constant Contact as a safe sender. There are rare cases in which the contact that is suspended might resolve the bouncing issue by itself without any manual reinstating being done. 

With that being said, I suggest to reach out to our Deliverability team if you have any further questions about bounces and deliverability. Their contact information and hours of operation can be found by clicking here. I hope this information helps. Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist with.

Lucas_D

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing