Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bounced mails - how to proceed?

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Bounced mails - how to proceed?

Hello, 

Since we use Constant Contact, we have never managed the bounced mails (they are 190 at the moment). Reading the forum topics, I understand that there is a way to check them out and transform them into regular mails (for those recepients who add the CC settings to their whitelist). Please, give me a piece of advice how should we proceed? Should we contact our recepients from another mail with a request to add our ConstantContact newsletter IP to the whitelist of their IPs? If we export a list with the bounced mails, what would be the purpose?.. 

We will need some help to solve the bounce list!

Thank you in advance!

1 REPLY 1
CTCT Employee

Re: Bounced mails - how to proceed?

Hello @MilenG0,

There are a few different types of bounces if you would like to check out this FAQ on different bounce types, as well as how to manage and resolve bounced emails. If the emails are bouncing, but you know they are good, active email addresses, you can always provide those customers with whitelisting infomation. Here are a couple articles for you to check out on how your customers can whitelist Constant Contact in their security program. Here is how your customers can add email addresses to their safe sender list as well. If you have a large amount of bounced emails that you know are good emails, you can always give our Account Review team a call and they can assist you in handling those. The phone number and hours for our Account Review team are:

United States and Canada customers call toll free:
866-433-8499

United Kingdom customers call toll free:
0808 234 9315

International customers:
+01 339-222-5900

Our offices are open during these hours:

Monday–Thursday
7:00 AM–11:00 PM ET
Friday
7:00 AM–9:00 PM ET

Hayley L
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.