cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bulk Permissions

Visitor

Bulk Permissions

For some reason a large amount of my contacts are imported with no permissions set.  Even when I delete them and try to import them again they are still imported with no permissions set.  Please help there are too many to update this individually.

6 REPLIES 6
CTCT Employee

Re: Bulk Permissions

Hi @LaurieR27829

Thanks for joining us in the Community, and I certainly agree it would be helpful to change these contacts permission in bulk. Sometimes this can be affected by people that have registered for your event and haven't requested to receive emails from your account overall. 

We have forwarded this to our upper level support team and they will be reaching out to you directly within four business days. If you'd like to follow up on this please reach out to us here

Brian_H
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

Hi there, I am having the same problem.  Had an event and they all needed to sign up before then at the event they signed forms to get emails and they aren't getting one as all the permissions are not set.  This is VERY time consuming

@Brian_H wrote:

Hi @LaurieR27829

Thanks for joining us in the Community, and I certainly agree it would be helpful to change these contacts permission in bulk. Sometimes this can be affected by people that have registered for your event and haven't requested to receive emails from your account overall. 

We have forwarded this to our upper level support team and they will be reaching out to you directly within four business days. If you'd like to follow up on this please reach out to us here

to do it one by one.  Please tell me you have a way to do this as I see this has been a request that subscribers have asked for since 2013 !  Thanks! 

Tags (3)
CTCT Employee

Hello @LifeCoachFinancial,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. Can you please email social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com your username, a reference to this post, and the title of your event so that we can get this to our upper level of support for assistance on getting permission for these email addresses? 

Zoe H.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
All Star

We have the same problem.  This is a known problem and CC is not doing anything to fix it. 

If you have an event and new contacts sign up, they will be given "No permission set" status unless you have included a check-box for explicit permission AND the contact clicks that check box. 

In our case, we included a check-box "to receive future emails from our organization" but we didn't realize if the person does NOT check that box they will also not receive any emails sent to participants from within the event (not just future emails).  In fact, we were told by one CC staff person that they would receive emails from within the event, but then later corrected herself after contacting upper level support (and we can see that it is the case when looking back at previous events). 

You must request that Constant Contact re-set those permissions to 'implied' or those contacts will not receive any emails (sent from within the event or by any other method).  It is obvious that people who have signed up for an event have given implied permission to receive further info about that event (in our case, a link to the webinar and handouts/presentation).   I have been waiting since last Friday (4 days) for CC staff to re-set those permissions (maybe I should have done them one-by-one!) and still they have not been re-set, so we are not able to email our event participants.  I am very frustrated - numerous calls that take up a lot of time for a volunteer organization; incorrect information, and no timeline has been offered for when the contacts will be reset.  At one point, the staff suggested we use EventBrite for event registration. The staff members have been polite but frankly, ineffective.  I don't see how we are left with any other choice but to find another solution for handling our events registration.

Hi @ONBIDA 

I apologize for the experience you’ve had with these contacts. You are correct though, contacts marked as “No Permission Set” cannot receive the emails sent through your event. With that being said, I can see the ticket in your account to update the status of these contacts. These tickets are worked on by our database team in the order they are received. Because of this reason we cannot promise a turnaround time. It is however being worked on by the Database Team and a member of our Support will reach out to inform you when it is done. We have also shared this information with you through the direct message you sent us on Twitter. Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist with in the meantime.

Frankie.P

Highlighted
All Star

Couldn't you just provide the function for us to do changes of permission status in bulk (it is possible to do it one contact at a time).  It would then take us a minute or two to do what is needed (not days!) and you wouldn't need to be involved!   Our event is happening soon and we need to send out emails!