cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CC degrades quality of photo

Highlighted
All Star

CC degrades quality of photo

CC puts a limit on photo size at 5 MB, so I can't understand why when I make a composite photo (for a banner, which is comprised of three or four photos that stretch across our newsletter) which starts out at 3.41 MB, it  gets downgraded to much less than 1 MB when inserted into the newsletter, rendering it unacceptable for viewing. Is there a fix for this?

6 REPLIES 6
CTCT Employee

Re: CC degrades quality of photo

Hi @UCMGCC16

Thank you for reaching out to the Constant Contact Community. I hope you're having a great weekend.

I'm sorry that you are having trouble with image quality due to compression when adding the photo to the photo library. One thing we have noticed can cause this issue is if the image is inserted into the library wider than 800 pixels. If this is the case, go ahead and downsize that outside of Constant Contact to the 800 pixel max and reinsert it into the library and see if the quality is improved. If it's not, our advanced team would like to take a look at the image. Can you please send the original image file to social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with your username, the email that you are trying to add it to, as well as a reference to this post and we will be happy to take a look?

Thank you for choosing Constant Contact. Have a great day!

Adrienne B.
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
All Star

Adrienne,

I did as you asked. 

thanks,

Ersten

CTCT Employee

Hello @UCMGCC16,

Thank you for reaching back out to the Community! We are glad that Adrienne's response helped you! Please reach back out to us with anymore questions or concerns. 

Zoe H.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

Hi @UCMGCC16,

I just wanted to let you know we received your follow-up email regarding not hearing from us after your initial request. It looks like the response we had drafted was sent to the wrong location, so it was never received. I did send a new email to you, but in case you see this first I ask that you check out the "Social Support of" draft that was created in your account. Please let me know if you have any questions! 

Nick S.
Social Media & Content Manager

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
All Star

The composite photo looks clearer on your version because your version of the newsletter was shrunken 11% from the original. You can equate that to comparing a photo on a small screen to the same photo viewed on a larger screen. The pixels will be more compressed on the former, making it appear crisper. Going to a smaller-sized newsletter is not the direction I would take to "solve" such a problem.

Tags (2)

We definitely understand how you want your email to look great with that banner image. We will reply to the email that you sent us last night and continue our conversation there. 

Caitlin M.