cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CC generating random emails

Frequent Visitor

CC generating random emails

On 9/21 at 1:24 est pm we sent out a scheduled email which delivered that day at 2:30 pm. Since that time, over 11 automatically generated system emails, such as the welcome email and emails telling users to update their profile, were sent out without our knowledge or permission. This has caused a frenzy in our organization. The account does not show any of these emails being sent,and the times were when no one was logged in or using it. We have been unable to stop this from happening and had to delete every contact. We are uncomfortable using this product until we get to the bottom of the issue. There are two users on the account and it has created an issue between the two. Please advise.
1 REPLY 1
CTCT Employee

Re: CC generating random emails

Hey @NNPDpio

I would be happy to provide some clarification about the emails that were sent out to your contacts. When a welcome email goes out it is usually because that contact has just signed up for your list. If you did not want a Welcome Email to be sent out to your contacts, you can turn off the email. As for the Update Profile Email this only goes out when your contacts click the update profile link in the footer of your email. There is not a way to shut off this email but you can go in and edit the appearance. Both of these emails are system generated and do not need anyone logged into the account to initiate the send. If you have any further questions please feel free to reach out.

Liz_M
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.