cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

CC keeps making me reset my password - help

Regular Visitor

CC keeps making me reset my password - help

Every time I open Constant Contact, it makes me reset my password. This has been going on for weeks. I've tried resetting my bookmark for the site, etc. I must have reset my password ten times by now. The crazy thing is, I'll reset the password to the same thing it was before, and it lets me in that one time. Then when I try to log in again, it says for security reasons I have to reset my password (after one try).
11 REPLIES 11
CTCT Employee

Re: CC keeps making me reset my password - help

Hello @PookInc,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I'm so sorry that you've been experiencing this every time you log in. This issue most commonly occurs when someone has tried to log into the account several times, unsuccessfully. It could be a person or an API that you have given access to the account for in the past when you had another password (this could something as simple as sign-up form attached to your account.) Now that it's changed, it is likely trying to use the old credentials to connect and is logging you out. To fix this issue, I recommend changing the username on the account. Since the username is the most unique identifier of an account, changing it will stop this. Once again, I apologize and I hope this helps.

Jonathan Rich
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Regular Visitor

First, and this is somewhat ironic, when I clicked to reply to your message, it again said there was a problem with my login and I had to reset my password. So I had to reset it to get to this page. It is not happening when someone logs in several times unsuccessfully, it happens on the first try, every time. Can you check the access to this account? The only person with access to this account should be Pook & Pook and I (Deirdre Pook Magarelli) am the only person who accesses this account. I have erased the remembered passwords, but I will attempt now to change the username. Perhaps that is the key. It is quite frustrating to have to change a password every day for a month.

Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Hello @PookInc,

I'm sorry about that. I totally agree that you should not have to keep changing the password. Once you change the username this should solve the problem. Let me know how it goes. As for account access, you are the only one listed on the account.

Jonathan Rich

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Occasional Participant

We have been prompted to change our password about three times in a month. Often, we only miss it once and it forces a change. Why can't they allow many more tries before forcing a reset? Our password list will be a mile long by the end of the year and you can't re-use old ones. Just frustrating. Even my bank account is not this sensitive to typing errors.

CTCT Employee

Hello @JenniferK528,

I apologize for any frustration when trying to access your account. What we believe may be happening is that some plugins associated with your account are trying to access your account using outdated login credentials. Once these credentials are updated with the correct password, you should be able to login without having to reset your password. Due to account security, we are not able to confirm through the Community which plugins are connected with your account but if you contact our support team at the phone numbers and hours listed here, they will be able to further assist you.

Jon_G

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Occasional Visitor

@PookInc wrote:
Every time I open Constant Contact, it makes me reset my password. This has been going on for weeks. I've tried resetting my bookmark for the site, etc. I must have reset my password ten times by now. The crazy thing is, I'll reset the password to the same thing it was before, and it lets me in that one time. Then when I try to log in again, it says for security reasons I have to reset my password (after one try).

I hope this is solved now?

CTCT Employee

Hi @user1346

Thank you for contacting us regarding your password. If you are experiencing issues with logging in or having to reset your password, please try the steps listed in this thread. If that doesn't resolve the issue, please contact our support team via phone or chat for further assistance. 

Hope this helps!

Alex S.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Occasional Participant

So I called and figured out the password issue and why it keeps prompting for a reset. In layman's terms, when you change your password in Constant Contact, make sure you also change that password where ever you have your website synced with Constant Contact. For instance, we have a Big Commerce website and every-time a customer checks-out their email gets automatically sent to Constant Contact. I found out today that if I just go to my website host (Big Commerce) where our syncing was set up and type in the new password, I would not constantly be prompted to change it when I go to Constant Contact.

Hope this helps. It's a syncing issue and I think the reset password prompt at CC should be a little more clear to the average user since Constant Contact is also losing out when we're not collecting as many emails as possible. In our case, this reset was going on for a month and we had a list of passwords a mile long! Again, just find out where you ALSO have your Constant Contact password stored and this might clear this up.

CTCT Employee

Hello @JenniferK528

We are so happy you could speak with our support team about this issue (we think they're pretty awesome people). Thank you for following up and posting on the community so that other customers having this issue can get some help too! I can definitely see why it would be useful to have some messaging about needing to change the password if you do use any sort of plugins with your account. I'll be happy to forward this feedback on to our developers.

Please reach out if you have any further questions. We'll be happy to help!

Alex S.