cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CC "Updated" some emails from an old list I found...I am curious about how that affected mu contacs.

SOLVED
Highlighted

CC "Updated" some emails from an old list I found...I am curious about how that affected mu contacs.

I found an old email list that I added to CC and it said that 200 new contacts were added and that 70 contacts were updated.

I am worried that since it is a 3 year old list and that the previous contacts in CC were fresh, that it actually "backdated" the contacts to old email addresses. I only intended to add the new contacts, I didn't think about the possibility of CC changing email address I already had in there to older ones.

Can anyone shed some light on that?

1 REPLY
CTCT Employee

Re: CC "Updated" some emails from an old list I found...I am curious about how that affect

Hello @LynneJ478,

Thank you for bringing this question to the community!  When you upload a contact list, we look for any existing contacts using the same email address.  If someone else on the account exists with that same email address, then we simply update the current contact, with any changed information, such as Name, lists, company, Physical address, etc.  We do not ever change the 'email address' info on a contact, unless you manually change that, so none of your contacts would have been 'back-dated' to an old email address, though if there were changes to name or company, those might have been reverted to the old data.

Aaron H
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!