cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cache issue for test emails

Solution Provider

Cache issue for test emails

We code our own emails, and use the advanced editor to copy and paste our code in, with images hosted on a separate server. If I send a test email, then need to make a change to a graphic, I'm having an issue where the email that sends still shows the old graphic. It's happened several times since the latest testing interface change. It just happened again today and I specifically double checked my code, the updated file name was there. I also used browser inspector in the preview window, the updated file name showed there. Yet in the actual email sent out, the old image was showing. Once I send an additional test, it seems to clear. As a separate note, is there a way to turn off appending constant contact's path information on images in preview? None of the images show properly in the preview window because they have absolute paths to a separate server. In the preview window, when I inspect, there's a constant contact path being inserted in front of the absolute path already on my images. This doesn't happen on the actual emails, but it makes it difficult to make sure everything looks ok before I send a test.
Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
CTCT Employee

Re: Cache issue for test emails

Hello and thank you for reaching out The Community! Now please correct me if I’m incorrect, but it sounds like you are changing the images and hosting them at the same URL. We’ve seen email clients (like Gmail for instance) cache images where the user changes the image but uses the same URL, and the clients still shows the old image. This could be avoided by either uploaded your images to Constant Contact to have us host them or make sure the URL of the link is also changing. If this isn’t the case a little more information can help us trouble shoot this further. Info like the name of the campaign you’re working on, the image’s URL, and the email clients you are experiencing this in. If there is anything else we can assist with never hesitate to reach out!

Antonas_S
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.