cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Campaigns archive and access to shortened URLs

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Campaigns archive and access to shortened URLs

I can only find my last 93 campaigns, going back to March 2013. How do I get access to the previous ones, from June 2009 to February 2013? SInce you are going to discontinue the Archive tool, and are forcing me to do work to create a new Web page to hot the links to my campaigns (without apparently reducing the price according to the reduction in functionality), I need ALL my campaign URLs, not just some.
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Campaigns archive and access to shortened URLs

Hello @ClaudeB63112,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding this. A memo was sent to customers in advance of the migration to the new interface letting them know any campaigns created or sent before March 2013 will be removed. I'm sorry if this memo was overlooked or not received. I will reach out to someone on the migration team to see if there is any way to recover the lost campaigns. When we hear back from them we will follow up with you at the designated contact email address on your account. 

Nick S.
Social Media & Content Manager

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
All Star

Hello Nick_S,

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE follow up with your contact on the migration team about recovering lost archived campaigns.

We got the email notice, but were under the impression that Archived emails would be retained; that we would only lose NON-Archived emails prior to March 2013. I had archived newsletters back to 2008!! I need them.

Is there any way to recover campaigns THAT HAD BEEN ARCHIVED?

Thanks,

Charles W.

All Star

Loss of Archived Emails older than 2013 due to the "New Experience"- Can they be recovered?

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE is there any way to go about recovering lost archived campaigns?

We received the email notice in August warning about the upcoming "New Experience," but were under the impression that Archived emails would be retained; that we would only lose NON-Archived emails prior to March 2013. I had archived newsletters back to 2008 !! I need them.

Your notice did not make clear that Archived emails older than 2013 would also be lost!

We were told to "save as a draft" any regular email older than 2013 in order to preserve it. But that didn't seem to apply to Archived emails: if it's archived I wouldn't want to save it as a draft, then it wouldn't be archived anymore!

The word "Archive" has an inherent meaning: to be preserved and maintained for a long period of time.

But our Archived Newsletters dating from 2013 back to 2008 have now disappeared!  Is there any way to get these back to be included again in our archive?

Please look into this!

Thank you,

Charles W.

Hello @CharlesW05,

I apologize if there was a lack of communication regarding Archived emails and the migration to the New Experience. I will follow up with the migration team about the status of Archived emails before 2013. They will reach out to you with any information regarding the status of those archived e-mails and how/if they can be retrieved.

Nick S.
Social Media & Content Manager

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Occasional Contributor

We just received this notice yesterday, so they must be rolling out the changes slowly to different accounts. The notice mostly contains fairly generic information teasing the "new experience".

The information regarding archiving is included, but there is no language stating that the archive prior to 2013 will be removed:

• "Changes to Archive
    As a results of moving to this new experience, your current email Archive tool will no longer be supported. But don't worry! We've developed a new & improved Embeddable Archive tool that fits right in your website. Simply copy and paste the HTML code provided in your Constant Contact account. Any previously archived emails that transfer to your new experience will automatically be available, and you can add or remove emails on your site in a single click.

Note: Your old Archive landing page will remain active until February 28th, 2017. After that date, the link will not work and we'd recommend removing it from your website."

In a VERY throwaway line at the end it states that email and survey campaigns more than 3 years old will be removed. My interpretation of this is that older campaigns would be removed from "My Emails" and "My Surveys", and removed from the data in "Reports".

• "Additional Updates
    We'll also clean up your account by removing any email and survey campaigns that are over 3 years old. And you'll have access to our library of over 35 million professional, royalty-free photos and illustrations to send professional-looking, effective emails."

HOW DO WE STOP THIS? It's wholly unacceptable to simply remove all of these features and account history. The primary reason we pay a third party service is for archiving, historical data (opens, etc), and ability to re-use prior email campaigns.

Hello @lmoffat. I apologize for any confusion. Any emails that appear in your archive (including those created before March 2013) will still be visible in your archive. As it states in the email, your archive link will remain active until February 28th, 2017. If you would like, you can check out how to use the new embeddable archive here.

When you are brought over to our new user experience, email and survey campaigns and their reporting created before March 2013 will be removed from your account. If you needed any reporting, you would need to export this information. Also, if you did want copies of these emails, you would either copy the email to create a draft or download the email as a PDF. I would suggest if you did need to copy any of those pre-March 2013 emails, put the drafts into a folder so you'll know where to locate them. 

Caitlin M.
Community & Social Media Support