cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I have different subscription options for each list

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Can I have different subscription options for each list

I have several lists, and I can see how to allow a contact amend what they subscribe to.

Some of my lists relate to groups that are by invitation only - so I only want some of my contacts to have the option to subscribe to these lists.

Imagine one CC account 3 distinct businesses - can I have three distinct welcome emails, update subscription options etc. or will I need to have three CC accounts - one for each business? What I want to avoid is people subscribing to get updates about groups they are not members of - and not invited to join for various reasons.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Can I have different subscription options for each list

Hi @DianaM423

The good news is you would not need three different accounts! Constant Contact does allow you to create three different distinct welcome emails, you would do this through an Autoresponder. The key to creating these different Autoresponders is making sure they are connected to three different email lists. This way when someone is added into their specific lists they will receive their matching email.

With that being said, it's a little different when it comes to the Update Profile links. I apologize you wouldn't be able to create three different Update Profile links. As long as you have not customized the Update Profile Form in your account, then contacts will not be able to subscribe to a list they shouldn't be on. Having no lists selected for this form will cause them to not see any other list options. I hope these answers have helped.

Frankie P.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
All Star

Re: Can I have different subscription options for each list

Thank you - answers by question but does not solve my subscription issue.
Tags (1)
CTCT Employee

Re: Re: Can I have different subscription options for each list

Hello @jenniferb891,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I apologize if the instructions in the previous reply did not assist with solving the issues. Based on what tools we have available, what are you looking to do that would solve your subscription issue? 

Tiago_R
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing