Can I merge 2 Email List into one

JackS034
Rookie
0 Votes

I'm wanting to merge two recent email lists into one as part of my GDPR work. Can anyone help with how to do this?

Thank you..

3 REPLIES 3
Lucas_D
Employee

Hi @JackS034,

Thank you for reaching out to us through the Community. To merge your contact lists:

1. Click Contacts at the top of the menu bar in your Constant Contact account
  2. Click "Email Lists".
  3. Select any lists you want to merge together by clicking the check box.
  4. Click Merge
  5. Type the new list name in the box provided
  6. Click Merge

To view the process of the merge, click on Activity to the top left of the Contacts management page. For more information on this, please click here. I hope this helps. Let us know if you have any further questions.

Lucas_D
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing
htradegene.comh
Rookie
0 Votes

Hello, a quick followup question. By merging multiple lists into one, do the individual lists disappear? The contacts dbase is used by multiple team members for different tasks and purposes. I want to make sure that by merging, my team does not lose access to the individual lists. 

Thank you

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @htradegene.comh ,

Here's a more up-to-date / available article regarding list merges. When you merge lists the originals are still maintained, you'll just have a new list created with all the contacts from the originals compiled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST