cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Due to an issue with YouTube, inserting videos in your emails is showing an error. Until they are able to resolve this issue, we recommend using a different video hosting service. We will continue to monitor this outage and update you as we have more information.

Can I move an article block from one Campaign to another

Can I move an article block from one Campaign to another

Hello,

I've started a new campaign and there are several blocks from the old campaign that need to be duplicated in the new one, but not enough that it is worth it to work from a copy of the old.  

Is there any way to duplicate blocks/articles from one campaign to another.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
CTCT Employee

Re: Can I move an article block from one Campaign to another

Hi ErinA916,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Yes it looks like you are in a Legacy Newsletter Email. You will want to go into the old campaign, click into one of the blocks that you would like to copy, Click on HTML that is on the toolbar.

2018-04-25_16-02-43.jpg

Then copy all of the HTML that is in there minus the words code view at the top.

2018-04-25_16-03-30.jpg

Then you go into the new template, put in a new block and go into the HTML again and paste the HTML you copied over the code that is in there. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

-Michael_S

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

I am trying to do the same thing but i dont see an HTML box

Tags (4)
CTCT Employee

Hello @macko27,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! The reason for you not seeing the HTML option is because you are using our upgraded version of editing. It is called our Third Generation editor and we do not have the option to access the HTML code in the editor anymore. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused, but you can always copy and paste your information from one campaign to another. 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Occasional Contributor

In engineering, we call this a 'deprovement', as opposed to an 'IMprovement.' This is when the only way of doing something, such as copying the contents of a block from a single-event notice done in the NEW editor, to a template for a multi-article newsletter in the OLD format, is ELIMINATED FROM THE PRODUCT.

The only good thing I can say about the response above is that you saved me hours of searching for a solution by admitting the intentional failing of Constant Contact.

Every year, my Club has an argument about staying with Constant Contact, considering the unreliability of the editor(s) and the need to spend several hours, two night  a week, to put out a weekly e-letter, now bi-weekly due this fine, fine editing product.

And next Monday night, I'll make sure we have this discussion again, because I'll be damned if I'm going to retype every article I want to send out two times.

PS: Does the genius who thought leaving this feature off was a good idea have a name, or was this a nameless 'not my idea' committee?

Tags (3)
CTCT Employee

Hello @CaraR4 ,

We appreciate your feedback and understand your need to work efficiently between your templates!  We would love to get you in touch with our support team so that we can hear more of your concerns with the new editor and see what your process is. There may be other avenues we can explore to make it easier on you! You can find their contact information here

Amber_L
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.