cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I send emails to publicly available addresses?

All Star

Can I send emails to publicly available addresses?

Hi there,

We recently compiled a list of Guilds related to our business, and wanted to send them a one-off email to inform Guildmasters of events we have coming up that their guilds might be interested in. We didn't do any "Scraping", as far as i understand it, just took email addresses that are listed openly on the Guild's websites and collated them. It's a fine line, i guess, and want to know if it is permissible to email them through CC under "implied permission"? They are all out there for people to message them, but i know there can be lots of "ifs" and "buts" when it comes to permission. I mean, really it's no different from me emailing them all from my Outlook account - it's just more time consuming. What are your thoughts?

1 REPLY 1

Re: Can I send emails to publicly available addresses?

Hi @AaronK39 

That’s a great question! However our Terms & Conditions states we have a permission based policy for sending to contacts. Due to this policy you are unable to email the contacts you have collected on this website. We have seen previous users email them outside of our system with a link to their Constant Contact landing page sign-up form. Once these contacts have opted in, you can then continue to email them through your Constant Contact account. Here’s a helpful article we have in our Help Center to explain the difference between express and implied permission in the meantime.

Frankie P.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.