cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a user segment themselves via Web Signup Forms

Can a user segment themselves via Web Signup Forms

Hi all,

My client uses Constant Contact. I'm coming from a background. In you can create a signup form and add radio buttons or check boxes where a user can segment themselves into one or multiple tags. You can then email them depending on their interests. 

Constant Contact has tags that can be used for segmentation, but I'm not seeing how to do this so that a user can select their interests from the Web Signup Form and thus auto-segment. I understand I can segment them manually after they sign up, but this is not what I'm trying to do. 

I know a workaround could be to create a signup form for each interest type, then using multiple links on the website, but that wouldn't be the best user experience. I'm wondering if we can create just ONE sign up form that lets the user pick one or multiple areas of interest.

Thanks you!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Can a user segment themselves via Web Signup Forms

Hello @MagalieY. Thanks for coming into the Community! There is certainly a way that you can give your new contacts options about what information they would like to receive from you. When editing your sign-up form in Constant Contact, you can select multiple email lists which will display on your sign-up form. This way when signing up, your new contacts can check off which list they would like to join and receive information that is more targeted towards them. 

Caitlin M.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Solution Provider

I don't want to create multiple lists. I want to use your segmentation option to narrow my list. Can custom coded web sign up forms match check boxes (interest categories) to populate specific custom fields (custom field 1, custom field 2, custom field 3, and/or be added as tags)?

CTCT Employee

Hello @VoitOC! You will certainly have the option to add custom fields to your sign-up forms, both custom coded or Constant Contact’s forms, as long as you create the custom fields first. As far as the display of your custom coded form having check boxes for your custom fields, you would need to reach out to whomever is creating that form for you to see if that is something they can do.  

Antonas_S
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.