cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not send test emails

Highlighted

Can not send test emails

Hi, I am trying to send text email and I am not receiving them. Can you help me?
Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
CTCT Employee

Re: Can not send test emails

Hello @ecrh,

Thank you for coming to the community with your question!  I took a look at your account, and I was able to send and receive some test emails to some generic testing addresses we use.  I'm not seeing anything on the account which should be causing any restrictions.  It's possible that your tests are being blocked by your local security systems, that does happen sometimes with test emails especially.  I would suggest trying to send a test to a more generic personal address, and make sure that goes through first.  If you do need those tests at work addresses specifically, it would be best to talk to the Deliverability experts in our Account Review Department.  You can reach them at any of the numbers listed here.

Aaron H
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
All Star

Re: Can not send test emails

I have experienced this issue twice myself.  The first time was two weeks ago.  I sent multiple test emails to four different email addresses.  None were received till the next day.

This evening, I'm encountering the same issue.  I've sent four emails to both hotmail and gmail addresses, and none have been received.

What could be happening?  Both times, this has happened around 9 or 10 PM.  Is the time of day a factor?

Thanks.

CTCT Employee

Re: Re: Can not send test emails

Hello @CathyJeanN,

Thank you for reaching out about your tests not coming through. The time of day shouldn't be a factor on this, unless you have settings in your email clients to not receive emails at certain times of days. While we are aware that Hotmail is deferring emails, the same isn't true for Gmail. It may be a good idea to give our Deliverability team a call directly so that they can look into that for you! 

Amber_L
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!