cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Change Default Social media Icon Links

Can't Change Default Social media Icon Links

Hi,

I am trying to change the links on the social media icons on the social media block to mine but i can't seem to figure it out. Pleae how do i do it?

5 REPLIES 5
Regular Advisor

Re: Can't Change Default Social media Icon Links

Hi @MusicRepublicR

Great Question, I understand the importance of linking the correct social media icons to your email. You can go ahead and do this within your account. 

1. Edit the section  where the Social Media icons are.  

2. Put your mouse on any of the social media icons, and click on the gear icon. 

3. Then click change.

ChangeIcon.png

4. Replace the current link with your correct Facebook page link. 

ReplaceFacebook.png

5. Then click insert. 

Shweta Iyer
Community & Social Media Support Intern

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Yes, but is there a way to change the default link? The social media icons always automatically link to my website, rather than my social media pages. I want my facbook icon to always link to my facebook, and my instagram icon to always link ot my instagram and so on. Please let me know if I can do this.

Thanks,

-Alex

Hello @AlexAtABCO,

When you work with a fresh template in the second generation editor the links will default to the website on file. The links will carry over if you make a copy of an existing draft or sent email campaign. You could also save a sent campaign as a template so you can choose it when going to the template picker.

This is possible in our third generation editor, however. After putting in your social media links they will stay put whether you're working from a copy of a campaign or starting fresh. If you're interested in giving the third generation editor a look, please reach out to us at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with your username and a reference to this post and we would be happy to get you set up!

Nick S.
Social Media & Content Manager

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Just to clarify, you are saying that it is impossible to set the social media links to a default -- in other words the Facebook icon will ALWAYS link to a Facebook page I specify in my account settings? So in each fresh template, these icons must be manually changed from linking to the website given in account settings?

Hello @DonnaS782,

I apologize for any confusion. In the third-generation editor after you insert the URLs for your social media pages in your first email campaign, all subsequent new campaigns will carry over the social media links. The exception is if you manually change them and then make a copy of that campaign. The copy will retain the updated URLs.

If you are using the second-generation editor, it is correct that the URLs for the social media pages must be updated in every brand new template created. However, if you make a copy of a campaign where the links were already inserted it will retain them. 

Nick S.
Social Media & Content Manager

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.