cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't have extra spaces between words

SOLVED
Occasional Contributor

Can't have extra spaces between words

I've tried to take out the extra spaces. I even checked in MS Word for non-printing characters, and CAN'T find extra spaces. HELP!
5 REPLIES 5
CTCT Employee

Re: Can't have extra spaces between words

Hello @BarbaraC6,

I'm sorry to hear that you have been having trouble with text spacing. I see that you spoke with one our Support representatives today. Did you still need assistance? If so, we would be happy to look into this for you. To better identify the issue, would you mind emailing us at Social_Support(at) ConstantContact(dot)com, with the name of the campaign you are working on, a screenshot of the block being affected, and any additional details you may have?  We will be sure to do some testing and correspond with you.

Jonathan Rich
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Occasional Contributor

Thank you Jonathan, for responding.  I hoped to put conscious line breaks in my message, to make it read better, along with the punctuation.  I now understand that I had to forgo the line breaks. 

CC's tools do not provide nearly enough detail or specificity on the error, neither the actual error or its location. 

But yes, I did get my ad submitted.  Thank you.  --Barbara

CTCT Employee

Hello @BarbaraC6,

I'm glad you were able to get your ad submitted. May I ask, did you happen to copy and paste your text into Constant Contact or was it manually typed? If you do tend to copy and paste text, we recommend using a text editor like Notepad (windows) or Textedit (mac). Here is a FAQ with information on how to remove problematic formatting from your text!

Hayley L
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.
Occasional Contributor

Hayley,

Thank you for your followup.  I know how to use Notepad.  Word is more helpful to me because it can show the non-printing characters.

What needs clarification?  The error message complains of "extra spaces between words."  

It does not indicate that punctuation, such as a period or exclamation mark plus a linefeed/carriage returns is counted as two spaces.  I'd really like that restriction to be removed, if possible.

Just my two cents.

Barbara

Hello @BarbaraC6,

Thank you for offering that feedback on Facebook ads. It's very helpful to our product teams to know which areas of the product could be improved for the user experience. I will make sure your concerns are passed to the right department.

I also encourage you to post your ideas in our Feedback forum so other customers can comment and add to the discussion. 

Nick S.
Social Media & Content Manager

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.