Can't resend confirmation email?

JeremyR3
Campaign Contributor

Customer has not received confirmation email. They want to subscribe but there's nothing I can do to help them?

8 REPLIES 8
Samantha_O
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @JeremyR3

There is not a way to resend a confirmation email through our system. What you can do is send them a link to your sign up form, which should allow them to add themselves to your account. Here is some more information on getting the link to your sign up form

Let us know if there's anything else we can assist you with. 

Thanks, 

CAStrawberry
Rookie
0 Votes

Has this changed since 2017? We have internal lists, and no outward facing form to resubscribe. We sent the confirmation email, but was likely deleted by the recipient, and need another way to get this person (and another one) resubscribed. Thanks!

Aaron_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @CAStrawberry,

Thank you for coming to the community!  Your sign-up forms do not have to be necessarily outward facing for you to use them to fix this issue.  If you go to the 'sign-up forms' tab at the top of your account, and then go down to 'landing pages and more' that will let you create a sign-up form that you can send out internally via URL.  That form is only accessible to people who have the link, so you can just provide it to the personnel who need to be added and lost or deleted the original email.

If that doesn't work, it may be best to talk to our Account Review team about other alternatives.  You can reach them directly at the numbers listed here.

Aaron_H
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
kxcicommunity
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

Yes, I am struggling with this, too. One of our listeners is unable to sign up, and I am unable to help them!

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @kxcicommunity ,

The easiest method would be for them to sign back up through one of your sign up forms.

If they’re unable to get signed back up through a sign up form or through the resub email, you can request our Review team do a manual override of the unsubscription. You’ll need to get an email directly from the contact explicitly stating they want to be resubscribed. Then you’ll need to call into the Review team, and follow their processes from there.

Since there are a number of legal and Compliance-related elements to Confirm-Opt-In, we have to make sure one of these processes is followed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
kxcicommunity
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

OK, they've emailed me for help. They tried signing up in March 2021 and didn't get the confirmation email. Now, they are upset that they missed an email on Friday.

Hi, 

I've tried a couple of times now to subscribe to the newsletter.  When I submit my email address, the screen display says I've been sent a confirmation email, but I've never gotten it.  Nor have I gotten the newsletter; nor has either showed up in my spam folder.  I'd like to start getting it, so things like name redacted throwing in the towel don't come as a surprise.

Thanks for your help,
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Then you’ll need to call into the Review team, and follow their processes from there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Ballona
Campaign Contributor

This is really a basic feature that should be available. If someone isn't subscribed, I can just add their email. But if they subscribe and lose track of the confirmation email they are stuck in limbo with no easy fix.

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST