cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you automatically move a person from one list to another?

Visitor

Can you automatically move a person from one list to another?

Hi and thanks for reading

I am using Click funnels for a campaign and there are two pages in the funnel that connect to two different mailing lists. The reason for this is that the prospects put in their email address and get placed into the prospects list and then if they progress to the free trial they are placed in a members lists. Not everyone will sign up to the trial immediately so they receive a set of emails encouraging them to comeback and those who did do the trial get a set of welcome and onboarding emails. Is it possible to set up a  rule that says if a client is in the prospecting list and then joins the members list they are removed from the prospecting list? I hope this make sense and any help would be really welcomed. 

Cheers Nola

5 REPLIES 5
CTCT Employee

Re: Can you automatically move a person from one list to another?

@NolaW6

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! To move or remove your contacts manually from lists, click here for the step by step process. Unfortunately at this time we do not have an automatic way to add or remove contacts from lists.

This is a great idea! We really appreciate your specific feedback on how this feature can be improved. It's great insight for our developers to review as they map out future updates for the product. I have tracked it in your account for them to see. I also encourage you to check out our Feedback area of the Community where you can post any additional feedback you have and chime in with other customers sharing their ideas.

In the meantime, if you have any further questions please feel free to reach out to us here. We are always happy to assist you in any way we can!

Taryn Leinweber
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Please consider this enhancement.  Being able to remove a user from one list, then add them to another when they click a link or take an action helps better serve the customer.

Aweber has a similar feature that if someone completes a form to opt-in to one list they would automatically be removed from another.  This would let a marketer have a lead funnel, then move the individual after they purchase by offering a "Customer Only" opt-in after the sale.

Customers who have already purchased something would not receive unnecessary offers to buy the same solution.  This kind of automatic list management would help improve segmentation.  And could keep messages more relevant to subscribers.

Best,

Justin

CTCT Employee

Hi @JustinH892,

Thank you for your feedback! We understand how important this would be in order to segment the appropriate engagement with your contacts. While you can incorporate Click Segmentation within an email campaign to add contacts to a specific email list, it currently doesn't have the function of removing contacts from their current email list. We think this is a great idea and have passed along your sentiment to our developers. Thanks again for reaching out about this!

Nichelle M

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Frequent Visitor

@Taryn_L wrote:

@NolaW6

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! To move or remove your contacts manually from lists, click here for the step by step process. Unfortunately at this time we do not have an automatic way to add or remove contacts from lists.

This is a great idea! We really appreciate your specific feedback on how this feature can be improved. It's great insight for our developers to review as they map out future updates for the product. I have tracked it in your account for them to see. I also encourage you to check out our Feedback area of the Community where you can post any additional feedback you have and chime in with other customers sharing their ideas.

In the meantime, if you have any further questions please feel free to reach out to us here. We are always happy to assist you in any way we can!

@Taryn_L wrote:

@NolaW6

Understanding that currently the users need to be manually removed from the list, My question is, if they are removed from a list will they automatically be removed from a campaign they were previously on as part of the prior list?

Example: I have a campaign with 6 emails that are sent over two weeks assigned to send to "list A". I manually remove a user from "List A" after they received email #3 because they converted to a purchase. Will they still receive emails #4-6 after they have been removed? Is there a way to prevent them from receiving those emails after they've converted? My last email in the campaign shows a discount I don't want them to see if they've already converted/purchased

Hi @RealtySchoolM 

We'd be happy to clarify this for you. Once a contact is removed from a list after receiving email #3 they will no longer receive emails #4-6. Your contact will however still show in the queue for email #4 but when it's time to send, we check against the list to see if they're still a member. I hope this helped!

Frankie.P

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.