cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
You deserve the best.
Beginning Saturday 2/15 we will be upgrading our phone system to ensure we are providing you with the best possible experience.
Due to this upgrade, we will be limited to Chat support only on Saturday from 10-8 pm ET.
On Monday, President's Day, we plan to have both Chat and Phone support available from 10-6 pm ET on the new system.
Thank you for your patience while we make these important updates.

Cancel

Highlighted
All Star

Cancel

I would like to cancel. Please provide instruction on how i can cancel my account

Tags (2)
481 REPLIES 481
Highlighted
Visitor

Constant Contact won't let me cancel account

I represent a not for profit Rotary Club that raises and then distributes funds to numerous charities in the New York City area. We were convinced by a former member to set up a Constant Contact account some time ago, but we have never really needed it. I contacted CC by phone recently in an attempt to cancel the account,  but I was informed that because we prepaid our fee a year in advance (in an attempt to save some money) we cannot cancel the account and get a pro-rated refund. This represents several hundred dollars, which could be put to better use then paying for an unused e-mail account. I consider this a rather heavy handed way of doing business and I will be submitting this disturbing practice to Rotary International, in an attempt to keep other Rotary Clubs across the country from falling into this trap and hopefully suggest they consider using one of your competitors instead.

Bob De Gennaro

Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Re: Constant Contact won't let me cancel account - Status changed to: Voting Open

Hello @BobD998,

I completely understand the frustration. I've gone ahead and opened this post for voting, thank you for this feedback.

Highlighted

Re: Constant Contact won't let me cancel account

Hello @Beatriz_R
Can I cancel my subscription without have to pay another bill for international call? I'm forced to subscribe while I just want to try Constant Contact and see if my small non profit organization would like it

Highlighted
Visitor

Heavy handed practices just like their other business, Hostgator. Trying to cancel my account but they make it very difficult. 

Used Constant Contact for work and for our 40th reunion email campaigns and when I discontinued monthly email service because it was no longer needed I was told I would have access to my account information (contact lists and email campaigns) for 60 days after deactivating.  This was a LIE!  Not only did they deactivate my account prior to the "paid up to" date, they cut off all access to my information.  If I want my contact list and campaigns, they want another $20.  Essentially holding my info for ransom.  I don't appreciated lies and under-handedness towards non-profits and will be discontinuing my use moving forward.  I will also be cancelling my accounts used for work and encouraging others to do so.  Constant Contact has become too greedy and selfish!

Highlighted

Re: Cancel

Hi @MelissaN5 

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! Though we are sorry to see you go, we want to make sure you are assisted. I have submitted your cancellation request to our Billing Support. Please make sure to update your contact information to be the best way you can be reached. A member of this support team will review your request and reach out directly with any further updates.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Highlighted
Visitor

Cancellation Request

Please cancel my account. There has been no activities since August 19, 2019. Thank you.

Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Re: Cancellation Request

Hello @SwansonPTA,

We're sorry to hear Constant Contact is no longer a good fit for you. We appreciate your time and want to assist you with your request. We have submitted a case to our Billing department to process the cancellation. This request can take up to 24 business hours to process. It is possible that Billing might need to reach out to you to review the request so we ask you confirm that your contact information is correct in your account. If you require faster assistance or have questions about your billing, please call our Billing team as we are not able to discuss account billing here in the Community. Thank you.

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Highlighted
Solution Provider

Re: Cancellation Request

Por favor necesito cancelar mi cuenta. He tratado de diferentes formas pero no lo consigo. Tengo varios meses que no puedo usar la plataforma y pago por algo que no uso. Gracias!

Tags (2)