cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

Cannot Crop Photos

All Star

Cannot Crop Photos

Hello,

With the new photo editor, I cannot crop images.  Once I hit the crop button and draw a box around my image, I can't get out of the box to save it.  I contacted customer support last month about this issue and was assured that it was a known problem.  That's okay, I understand there are going to be bugs with the new photo editor.  But it's been a month, and I'm still having this issue.  I've used various browsers, to no avail.  I've started to dread using Constant Contact, because I know it's going to be a long, drawn-out process just to send a simple newsletter.  I have to edit my photos separately in Photoshop before uploading.

I've been a loyal user of Constant Contact for 5 years through 2 different companies.  I've been a huge advocate for the program and recommended Constant Contact to other businesses.  But the recent "upgrades" have made it increasingly difficult for me to do my job.  Please fix -- or at least let us know when we can expect this issue to be addressed.

Warm regards,

Karis Morrall

Tags (3)
7 REPLIES 7
CTCT Employee

Re: Cannot Crop Photos

Hello @KarisM7,

I'm very sorry for the hassle and confusion the sudden change to the image editor has caused.  We do currently have a cropping feature, that should work the way you want it to work, though the process is slightly changed.  Once you open the image editor, go to the 'transform' section.  Once that is open, click on any one of the corners of the image, and drag inwards to change the border.  Once you hit save, it should just keep whatever was inside the new image edges that you defined.

We have gotten reports that some browsers are not showing the newly cropped image immediately.  After cropping, you may need to refresh your page to see the changes.  We've noticed that this is much more common when editing from directly inside a campaign, especially our legacy templates.  If you go to your 'Library' tab from the top menu, that should ensure that your image saves correctly.  If you're still having problems when editing from within the library tab, you may need to try a different browser.

We are working as fast as we can to correct this issue, as well as a number of other issues that came up with the new image editor.  If you run into something else, please do let us know, so we can make sure that we have a full and proper list of issues that we can get corrected.

Aaron_H
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
All Star

Hi Aaron,

I'm sorry, I was not clear enough in my initial message.  I cannot hit "Save" when I attempt to crop an image.  The crop box continues to move around with my browser.

I addressed this with a chat consultant last month, when the issue first arose. I'm extremely frustrated that this is still a problem.

Hi @KarisM7

Thank you for clarifying this for us, I apologize for our misunderstanding. After looking at your previous chat, I can confirm this experience is due to a browser issue. We would suggest using a browser that is supported by Constant Contact.

Frankie.P

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Highlighted

I ran into this... "Save" is not actually an option but "Export" is and that seemed to work. Very poor design, unfortunately. Not intuitive.

Tags (2)

Hi @ValerieV2 

You are correct, at this time our image editor uses an Export button to save the changes to a new image instead of Save As button. I apologize for any confusion the wording in this button may have caused.  I have also submitted your feedback on this in your account to the appropriate teams. Please feel free to reach back out to the Community if there is anything else we can help as you continue to work in your account.

Frankie.P

All Star

I'm having this issue as well.  I can move the crop handles, but there is no "save" or "apply" button.  Using the "Export" button does nothing - the crop is lost upon export.  I am running Google Chrome browser.  

Tags (1)
CTCT Employee

Hey @CeliaM7,

Thank you for reaching out to us! I apologize that you have been experiencing this issue. While we work to correct this known issue, what I've found to work is jumping back to Campaigns and then to the Library to see if it did actually work. Even if it hasn't produced a cropped image, doing those steps seem to help refresh the system for another crop attempt. Please let us know if you find any more useful information like this! 

Desi_B

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!