cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

Cant upload from file

Highlighted

Cant upload from file

I've been trying to add contacts by uploading from file. Every time I select my file the constant contact page will load and then nothing happens. I tried it last week and thought it would be fixed by this week, but still doesn't work. I've also tried with different browsers. Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Cant upload from file

Hello @BrennanG. I'm sorry that you were having trouble trying to upload your file of contacts. I do see that you had a chat with one of our agents and were able to resolve this issue. Just in case you do experience this issue again, I wanted to give a few possible solutions. We usually ask for our customers to try to upload the file using a different browser, which you did do. We ask this to see if there is a browser issue. If this doesn't work, try saving the contact file as a different file type. There can sometimes be formatting in the file that can prevent it from opening. Try either .csv (Comma delimited) or .xls (Excel workbook). Also, check out this FAQ that has a lot of tips on how to make sure that your file is formatted correctly before importing your contacts.

Caitlin M.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Occasional Visitor

I am having the same issue - but without success. I have tried all the suggestions and your system does not recognize the .XLS file generated from Excel. It also will not recognize the same file saved as a .CSV file.  This is the same with Firefox or Safari.  I have gone through the Chat room and tried a variety of things and had no success.  I use Excel 2008 for MAC.  I have never had an issue with this software opening or saving any Excel fomatted files.

I have an real issue paying for a service that does not work.
Now what?

Hello @ScottK12,

I apologize for the issues you're experiencing and we definitely want to help you with this. I think it would be best if you reached out to us at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with your username, a reference to this post, and the XLS file you're having trouble uploading and we can run some tests to see if we can identify the problem. 

Nick S.
Social Media & Content Manager

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.