cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cazoomi MALWARE AND Extreme iMac DESTRUCTIVENESS

Occasional Contributor

Cazoomi MALWARE AND Extreme iMac DESTRUCTIVENESS

When I tried to export from an iMac . . . EVERY method lead to an error in Constant Contact. As far as I know, there is NO WAY to move contact data from a Mac to Constant Contact.

When I mentioned this, CC customer support suggested I use Apple Contacts Integration. Following the recommended link resulted in my downloading the FREE software.

You could imagine how surprised I was to receive the bill, charged to my Apple ID credit card!

Free software that presents a bill ! How awful !

The resulting MALWARE completely erased all the phone numbers in my iMac's Contact database! I had write emails and send letters to get my Christmas Card recipient's phone numbers back.

I have never encounterd such a case of entirely useless and destructive MALWARE ever before when using Mac computers!

PLEASE STOP RECOMMENDING THIS MALWARE!

5 REPLIES 5
Occasional Contributor

Re: Cazoomi MALWARE AND Extreme iMac DESTRUCTIVENESS

Because of the horrible software recommendation, I have decided to return to using another WORKING graphical email system THAT CAN IMPORT NAMES LISTS FROM AN IMAC. I will now abandon Constant Contact for their crimes against my iMac.

Data on my pristine iMac was destroyed by a CC software recommendation. That's enough reason for me.

CTCT Employee

Hello @ShermanK2,

I am very sorry to hear that this has happened. The vendors who are listed on our marketplace do go through a vetting process in order to be listed and I will be forwarding your comments here to that team so that they can review them.

I did want to let you know that if you are using Apple Contacts, you can export out your contacts into a vCard file, and then upload that file to your account without needing to go through a third party program. Just in case you are not familiar with this process, below you will find FAQ links for exporting from Apple Contacts and importing into Constant Contact.

Exporting Apple Contacts into a vCard file

Importing a file into Constant Contact

Again I apologize for this having happened to you. Please feel free to reach out to us if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Regular Visitor

Please help me.  I am NOT involved using an Apple, but the CC Server is DOWN and not accessible.  It went down right after the Tech Team closed at 7 PM.  

Help!  I have a client's email to send out.  Ready to go.  Server unavailable, it appears.  I will keep trying.  Hope they left someone to monitor the entire system and the servers. 

Hello @THIM. I apologize that you were having trouble accessing your account on Friday. We did not have any reported server issues at that time. Were you able to access your account and send out your email? Please let us know if you need any further assistance. 

Caitlin M.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Valued Developer

Thanks Sherman and sorry to hear about your Apple iTunes issue which is not related to Cazoomi.

Our support folks replied as it just seems you just downloaded the wrong app in the Apple iTunes store, certainly not our app, as it is not listed on Apple.

Have a look at your Apple receipt  for the name of the App vendor to give feedback as Cazoomi would not charge anyone via Apple nor charge for this SyncApps used by 1000s of happy Constant Contact clients today.

Again, sorry you had a bad Apple experience yet do know our app is awesome and works on El Capitan version as of this year.  Soon Sierra.

You might also try to restore your Contacts via iCloud if they were backed up prior by following this article - https://support.apple.com/kb/PH22730?locale=en_US

HNY 2017

REPLY by our support to your email in December:

Sherman K <>
12/28/16 (7 days ago)

Sherman Keene:

Thanks are inappropriate. 

1. In the Apple store, your write-up said the app was free. Imagine my surprise and anger when the bill arrived from Apple!
  2. Your app immediately ERASED EVERY PHONE NUMBER FROM MY CONTACT LIST.

Your program is horrible horrible MALWARE

:frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: 

Cazoomi Customer Support:

Thank you for the email today Sherman and you have downloaded a DIFFERENT App as ours is free and would never erase any data.

Download today here: https://syncapps.cazoomi.com/public/downloads/AppleContactsSyncApps-2.0.13.dmg

Please note Apple Contacts SyncApps work on OS X Mavericks, Yosemite and now, El Capitan.

1. Start Apple Contacts SyncApps
  2. Login to Constant Contact in Settings of Apple Contacts SyncApps
  3. Select Apple Contacts SyncApps Group>Contacts - some or all
    Select Constant Contact List
  4. Sync

This will help get all your Apple Contacts over to Constant Contact.

Let us hear from you on the boards with more enhancements for new Releases.

http://community.cazoomi.com/cazoomi/topics/2013_fall_release_for_apple_mail_to_constant_contact_is_...

Regards,
Angie

~Clint
@cazoomi