cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

Certificate after attendance of event

SOLVED
Occasional Participant

Certificate after attendance of event

After we have an event we are required by the program we are giving to create a certificate of attendance so they can recieve their credit. Any thoughts or ways on the following:

After we select who attended through the Eventspot functionality- a pre-download certificate (from us) is generated and e-mailed to the attendee???  

This would be a 110% life saver.  

At any one given point we can have 8 seminars running across the midwest of over 200 attendees for 10 weeks straight. That's A LOT of certificates and A LOT of emails and A LOT of making sure everything is correct.

Any ideas are very much appreciated. 

5 REPLIES 5
CTCT Employee

Re: Certificate after attendance of event

Hi Vicky. We don't have anything built in that would send a certificate to attendees. However, could send an email to registrants (after you cancel non-attendees' registrations) and make the email into a certificate.

1. After your event, you will be able to see who actually attended the event thanks to the check-in app. Change the registration status to Cancelled for those who did not attend.
  2. Create an email to registrants. Make the email look like a certificate.
  3. Add the contact's name to the email though the Contacts Details feature under the Insert button.
  4. Schedule the email to go out.

If you have any questions about this idea, please let us know.

Jeff Gilson
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Occasional Participant

Yes. I really LIKE that IDEA!

I need to get more information-how would I create the certificate?

Would this have to be sent-one by one or can it be done by a group?  (ex-there are 8 locations in which we host seminars-of varying topics and we would "cancel" those attendees who didn't show). How can we produce the "topic" name and any other identifying information required on the certificate. 

CTCT Employee

Thinking about this a bit more, you may be best off creating a contact list of your attendees, and including the topic name that they attended (and any other necessary information) as custom fields. Then, you can create an email within Email Marketing (I recommend one of these themes: Events - Elegant, Feedback Basic or Save the Date). That would allow you to send one email campaign out to the list, and have the system pull in their names, topcs and other information.

Jeff Gilson

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Occasional Participant

thank you for your reply.

Is there a way that I can watch somone walk me throught this or if I call support can they watch me through it?

I sort of understand and sort of don't.  I'm a visual user.  I'm a HEAVY constant contact user as well, but never have done anything like this before. 

CTCT Employee

We don't have a video of it, but I'm sure if you call in someone on our support team would be able to help you make this happen. 

I'm glad we have the beginnings of a solution for you!

Jeff Gilson