cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Unsubscribe Options?

Change Unsubscribe Options?

Does anyone know if it is possible to change what options people are given when they click unsubscribe? We would like to give people the option to request fewer messages without completely unsubscribing. Is that possible on Constant Contact?

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Change Unsubscribe Options?

Hello @MaryaA,

Great question! The best way to do this is to create a new list designated for people who would like to only receive occasional mailings. And then follow the steps in this FAQ to update your Update Profile Form. You'll make visible the lists you want them to see and choose from.

For example, the list names could be "Receive Newsletter Weekly" and "Receive Newsletter Monthly." This way they'll check how they want to receive your mailings without completely unsubscribing. 

Nick S.
Social Media & Content Manager

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Occasional Organizer

Hi @Nick_S, If someone unsubscribes and indicates they only want to be e-mailed once a week, or say they only want a specific type of e-mail, how do you then synthesize that information in Constant Contact? What are some best practices for implementing the select unsubscribe feature? For example, we have two e-mails that go out rather frequently, but we always import a completely new list each time we send these e-mails and date mark them so they are brand new lists each time. If a person unsubscribes from the list at the beginning of the month, the chances are they will be back on it at the end of the month because they will be uploaded to a brand new list. How do we keep track of who has unsubscribed from each type of e-mail that is sent out? Another example is what if someone does not want to be solicited for a donation, but they do want to receive e-mails about events? Thanks for any help you can provide.

CTCT Employee

Hi @SarahF967,

Thanks for all your great questions! The system updates the contact record based on what is selected via the Update Profile form. There are no further steps you would need to take to update the email list subscriptions/preferences for the contact.

Because you're regularly uploading new email lists, you would need to manually sync/compare the current email list with the new email list each time (unfortunately there's no way to do this in the system.) You can export the current email list from your account for this purpose. We would definitely recommend keeping a very watchful eye on this as you don't want a contact who has previously requested removal from a particular email list -- but inadvertedly ends up on it again -- to mark your emails as unwanted spam.

Please note that you can easily access who has unsubscribed from ALL of your mailing lists. Just click Contacts and Unsubscribed:

2017-01-11_13-07-44.png

You can also receive an automated email update for these unsubscribes. (Remember, it would not include when contacts update their list subscriptions/preferences.)

In addition, you can create as many email lists as necessary to segment your audiences. For example, Donations and Events.

I hope this helps!

Nichelle M
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

Hi there, 

I would like to change the text and logo on the form that my subscribers see when they update their profile or unsubscribe:

Where can I do that?

Regards, Jantien

Tags (2)
CTCT Employee

Hello @MarloesM6,

Thank you for your response. Changing this information is simple, all that you need to do is click on Sign-up Forms at the top of your account and choose the Landing Pages and More link. This will bring you to a page where you can change the Sign-up Form and Update Profile Form. This is where the image is stored for use on the unsubscribe page. Please visit this link for instructions for editing this information.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

-Curtis P

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Highlighted
Occasional Organizer

Hey there, 

I've just changed our logo that appears here, but can't find where the text is. 

Are you able to point me in the right direction?

Thank you 

Hi @FIAN

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. I'm happy to hear you were able to change your logo! I apologize you were not able to find where you can edit the text on your Update Profile form. You can change the headline, description text, and email lists available for contacts to join or be removed from on this form. Please let us know if there is anything else we can help with.

Frankie.P

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.