cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing "Custom Fields"

SOLVED

Changing "Custom Fields"

I'd like to change my "Custom Fields" to various headings like "College", "Discipline", etc. Basically anything so that no matter what list of contacts I'm looking at they will have the same unified custom fields. Is this possible?

I've been looking at some other boards that seem to suggest these changes can be made, but I can't quite figure out how. Any advice is appreciated!

Tags (1)
16 REPLIES 16
Occasional Participant

Re: Changing "Custom Fields"

I'm having the same trouble - I would like to organize my contacts based on other fields than the ones that CC has already.

Honored Contributor

UPDATED: July 2018

Hi everyone!

Click the Profile Icon and then click My Settings. Then scrolling down to the Contact Settings section and click "Manage my custom fields". 

manage_my_custom_fields_step2.png

Next you can rename any existing custom fields by clicking on it, deleting what's there, and typing in the new name.

type_in_field_name_save_4.png

Then click Save Changes.

Continue to do this for the ones you wish to change.

I hope that helped! Any questions, let me know!

Occasional Participant

Thank you for the response!

This is helpful, but I'm still having trouble because I want the categories that I create to b eviewable under the "manage contacts" page.

Capture.JPG

These are the default categories that I can view... but I want my own custom categories in there as well. Is that possible, without doing a separate Search?

Honored Contributor

You're welcome!  Unfortunately, no.  We don't have that functionality now. I hope we have it in the future. 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

What are the chances of getting this function added??  I really wanted it to be customized to my form.  Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Hi Dianne,

This isn't something that we currently have on our road map, but I have submitted your request.  You can always export your list and have that data display within the file. I know it's not exactly what you want, but it's a pretty easy workaround.

Thank you for your feedback.

All Star

i would agree-- having the custom fields open in the main page would be a nice feature.  

Regular Visitor

In case anyone else is just now finding this post, the link has changed so instead of looking for "Grow my contact list" you're now going to want to click on "Sign-up Tools" on the far right of the top gold nav bar.

As of today, any way :smileyhappy:

Honored Contributor

Thanks for updating us, Jason!