Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the from name

SOLVED
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Changing the from name

I use my account to service 60+ clients.  All of the newsletters I publish say they're from @ .ccsend.com.

How do I change it to something else?

5 REPLIES 5
CTCT Employee

Re: Changing the from name

Hi there,

It sounds like you're looking for help with the authentication setting for email deliverability and not actually your from name. Either way I'd be happy to help! You can update this authentication by:

1.   Click on My Settings in the top right of your screen. You'll see the tab right next to your Library and Contacts tabs.

2.   Under the box labeled 'Other'' on the right side of the screen, click the word ON next to Authentication.

3.   There you will see that address and you may change it to your own.

Here is some information about what Authentication is.

I hope that helps!

Bria
Social Support and Community
Valued Contributor

Thank you SO much Bria!

CTCT Employee

My pleasure! 

Bria
Social Support and Community
Occasional Contributor

So every time i want to change my from name I have to go into settings?  Why add steps.  It used to be that you just typed it in.  Also, I followed the steps and it didn't change.  Figuring it's not smart enough to update, I copied the campaign.  Nope, still the old from name.  I need to get this email out.  This is such a waste of time.  How do I change the from name in third generation???

Hi @writing-rabbit

I apologize for any confusion there may be with changing the From Name in your campaign! It seems the original customer who created this post named it incorrectly. This thread is not for your From Name, but the authentication setting for email deliverability. When you were trying to change your email's From Name where were you looking? The process to changing the From Name has not changed in our Third Generation Editor. This From Name is contained in the header of all your emails. Whether you are in our older Legacy Newsletters or our newest Third Generation Editor, clicking anywhere in the header will allow you to edit this information.

2018-12-19_17-50-03.png

Frankie P.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!