cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chat not working and formatting issue

Occasional Visitor

Chat not working and formatting issue

Why won't the chat function work anymore?? A few months ago it was great, I used it a couple times, so handy. But I've had an increasing amount if issues I would love to resolve in a minute by chatting with someone, but no, it is just a blank screen. 

One major issue I have is formatting, when I'm editing in Constant Contact, it looks great. When I send a test email to myself, there are massive spaces in between paragraphs, and usually a random "1" or "2". Why is that? How can I fix it, when in the editing there is nothing I can change? 

1 REPLY
CTCT Employee

Re: Chat not working and formatting issue

Hi @ShawnO539,

We're sorry you weren't able to reach Customer Support from our Chat channel. Please note that our programmers are currently collecting feedback on this and I'll forward the details of your experience. In the meantime, we're glad you reached out here!

It sounds as though you're experiencing problems with the formatting of the text. Are you by chance copying and pasting text from another source such as a document, website or email? If that's the case you'll want to paste any copied text into a text editor to "strip out" the code that's also being copied over. Here's a very helpful resource on the steps to take. By pasting clean, unformatted text you shouldn't see any additional spacing or added characters in the preview/test.

Nichelle M
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!