cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Click Results Are Bogus

Click Results Are Bogus

When we receive the results from a newsletter that we send via Constant Contact, the listing of the e-mails that clicked on a link in our newsletter is highly questionable.  For example, in our latest newsletter, your data claims that all of the 140 clicks on a link in this newsletter came from just seven organizations, when in fact, hundreds of different organizations are subscribed to this newsletter.  In fact, this has been the case with all of our click results in recent months.  

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Click Results Are Bogus

Hi @Michael_Weidokal 

It’s important to mention the click reporting on your campaign is different from the unique clicks. The difference in these two is that the clicked reporting shows the all clicks, including contacts who clicked a link multiple times. You also mentioned a large amount of your click reporting is from specific organizations, it sounds like it may be from their security programs. We have seen cases where security programs open email and click links before placing them into the receiver’s inbox. I apologize at this time there is not an available way to remove this from your reporting.

reporting-clicked-report-selected.png

Because of this, I would suggest viewing the unique clicks your email instead. This is where you can see the clicks that are used to calculate your click-through rate - each contact counted once for the click they made on a link. 

reporting-links-report-selected.png

We also have this article from our Help Center to better help understand the clicks on your campaign. I hope this helps!

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

I checked some of our unique click data, and the issue is exactly the same.  They contain just a very small number of the organizations that receive our newsletters.

CTCT Employee

Hello @Michael_Weidokal,

When you are looking through your unique clicks, that reporting should show you more precise data. Can you please send us an email to social_support(at)constantcontact(dot) with your username, a reference to this post, a title of an email campaign that you think the unique clicks are appearing incorrect on, and a detailed explanation of what you need help with so we can do some closer research? Thank you! 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.