cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

Coding appearing in email links

All Star

Coding appearing in email links

Our recipients are complaining that the tagging or codes you use on all links in our emails do not clearly indicate it goes to our website. So many of their firms block clicking on our messages because when you rest a mouse over any of the links in our emails, your long codes could be anything: weblinks to China or Russia, downloading of viruses, anything.

Is there any way these long tracking codes can start with our cc web address which is afio.ccsend.com 

which you use for sending the messages. Or have our real web address: www.afio.com...and then have the rest of your tracking codes.

We are getting larger numbers of recipients who can no longer click on any of the links from you because where the link is taking them is hidden in a long string of code.

Tags (3)
1 REPLY 1

Re: Coding appearing in email links

Hi @ElizabethB588 

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! I understand how important contact engagement is with your emails. You are correct, our system does add our r20.rs6.net tracking to the links in an email. Though these tracking links being flagged does not happen for all contacts, it is still something we are continuing to process. Please email us at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with the your username, a reference to this post, and the following details:

• If these contacts on a home or work network
  • When did this experience began to occur
  • If live sends affected or only test sends
  • The name and version of the security product being used

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.