cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Colors change when uploading graphics to library

Colors change when uploading graphics to library

I have uploaded some graphics to the library and when I do the colors change considerably - dark blue becomes much lighter, brighter (too much so). What am I doing wrong?

Tags (3)
4 REPLIES 4
CTCT Employee

Re: Colors change when uploading graphics to library

Hi @LaneW02

I apologize for any issues that you have experienced. Can you send us an email at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with the original file before you upload it and the name of the file inside your Constant Contact library? This way we can research and look into it further for you!

Jordan
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

Is there a fix to this?  I am having the same issue

They got back to me with two issues/fixes. 

1. the file I had uploaded was  .png format. A .jpg did not have the color issue.

2. This reply:

I took a closer look at the image that was being uploaded, and I believe I do see what was causing that change in the colors.  To meet the needs of most email clients, we need to compress particularly large images to make sure that they are not rejected by various spam filters and security programs.  Any image that is more than 800pixels wide, or more than 1100 pixels tall, may need to be compressed.  Usually this compression isn't noticeable, however in this case, it does seem to be causing some color distortion.  I used a snipping tool to take a smaller screenshot of your image, and uploaded that.  To avoid this in the future, just ask your graphics designers to try to keep images to smaller than 800 pixels wide.  Your original was 2079 pixels.  I hope this helps!

CTCT Employee

Hi @LaneW02

Thanks so much for posting that helpful information in the Community for other customers that may be having this issue. This is really helpful!

Have a great day!

Alex S.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.