cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comparing contacts between two lists

SOLVED
Occasional Contributor

Comparing contacts between two lists

I have several lists for different purposes. There are several lists that I always want to send newsletters to. Is there any way to check and see if any members of List X are NOT also on my newsletter list?

Tags (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Re: Comparing contacts between two lists

Hello @Bill_Treloar,

That's a great question!  There isn't a single place for you to find or compare that information.  If you export contacts, the file you download could show which list all of the contacts were on.  In most cases, this cross-referencing is unnecessary though.  When you send an email to multiple lists, we automatically remove duplicates, so we only send to each person once.  No matter how many lists they are on, they won't be getting duplicates.

Aaron_H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Occasional Contributor

Thanks, Aaron. Selecting multiple lists is what I've been doing. I just suspect that's not necessary because perhaps all the people on the other lists are already on the newsletter list. I'll try the export and see how it looks in Excel.

CTCT Employee

Hello @Bill_Treloar,

That's perfect! It may be unnecessary to choose multiple lists but you will be able to see that information by exporting your list. Thank you and please reach back out to us if you have anymore questions or concerns. 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.