cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compliance with European General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)

SOLVED

Re: Compliance with European General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)

Hi CTCT,

Given the last correspondence on this thread was back in May, could I please request an update on Constant Contact's compliance with GDPR?

Does the EU-US Privacy Shield effectively cover this new regulation? We would need to enforce organisational changes ahead of May 2018 if this is not the case, so an idea of when information will be shared will be extremely helpful.

Kind regards

Hello @World-Obesity. At this time, we are still working our way towards GDPR requirements by May 2018. I'm sorry that I am unable to provide any additional information but we will certainly update our customers once we have an update about these requirements. 

Caitlin M.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi.

It is concerning that Constant Contact is still unable to provide any additional information about how the platform will be compliant to GDPR. One of the requirements for companies not be fined is to make sure their partners are GDPR compliant and if Constant Contact does not attend the requirements in time, I'm sure not only our company will not be able to work with Constant Contact anymore, but also other companies that use European data.  

I hope to hear an update as soon as possible.

Thanks

CTCT Employee

I wanted to share the latest information I have regarding GDPR as I know you are keen to understand our status. Constant Contact's compliance team is currently running a program to ensure we will be ready for GDPR. We will keep you updated as we have more visibility in the coming months.

Best
Cornelia
Honored Contributor

Hello @KarenC3502 & @World-Obesity

Thank you for bringing your concerns to us about the data privacy regulation, GDPR. I reached out to our internal teams who are handling this and wanted to give you an update. This new regulation has many factors and our Compliance teams are working through the specifics.  As of right now, we can confirm that the Constant Contact GDPR compliance program will address compliance including updating 3rd party contracts with appropriate GDPR controller/processor obligations, being able to respond to data subject rights request, updated consent mechanisms and the ability to respond to security breaches within the defined timeframes. When we have finalized documentation and processes around this, we will make sure to keep our customers informed.

Thanks, 

Occasional Advisor

This is hopeful news. Thank you.  Please continue to keep us posted.

@Samantha_O wrote:

Hello @KarenC3502 & @World-Obesity

Thank you for bringing your concerns to us about the data privacy regulation, GDPR. I reached out to our internal teams who are handling this and wanted to give you an update. This new regulation has many factors and our Compliance teams are working through the specifics.  As of right now, we can confirm that the Constant Contact GDPR compliance program will address compliance including updating 3rd party contracts with appropriate GDPR controller/processor obligations, being able to respond to data subject rights request, updated consent mechanisms and the ability to respond to security breaches within the defined timeframes. When we have finalized documentation and processes around this, we will make sure to keep our customers informed.

Thanks, 

Hi everyone, 

Today our teams released additional details in regards to the GDPR. I wanted to make sure you are all kept in the loop, so please take a look at this article for more information. The article addresses the following things:

gdpr.png

The article also provides contact information where you can direct additional questions should you have any. I hope that helps and please let us know if there's anything else we can do to assist. Thank you!

Natalie B.
Social Media Marketing Manager
All Star

Hi,

As a small business the requirements of GDPR Compliance are a major concern and we are looking forward to receiving copies of your policies on cookies and data protection. We have used Constant Contact for several years and are delighted with the service we receive. We would not be happy if we had to cease using you simply because you couldn't comply in time to reassure us that everything would be in place.

One of our major concerns is whether or not keep our customer data on an EU based server.

Please can you confirm that this is one of the steps you will be implementing before 25th May 2018.

Kindest Regards,

Diane Wass, Partner, The Acorn Gallery, Pocklington UK

Honored Contributor

Hello @DianeW60

Thank you for bringing your concerns to us around GDPR. I have sent your concerns over to our Compliance team, who are the experts on this topic. When I have more information, I will update you via this thread. 

Honored Contributor

Hello @DianeW60

After speaking with our Compliance and Privacy teams, they have assured me of a few things: currently, all data you upload to Constant Contact is stored in the US, Constant Contact is Privacy Shield certified, and Constant Contact will be GDPR-compliant by May 25, 2018. Our teams are working hard to ensure that our customers are able to stay within the regulations set forth in GDPR by using our services. With this being said, please understand that both you and Constant Contact have obligations and requirements for GDPR compliance. For more information, we encourage you to take a look at our article here. As more information becomes available, we will be keeping that Knowledge Base article updated.