cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compliance with European General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)

SOLVED
All Star

Re: Compliance with European General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)

Hi Samantha,

Thanks for getting back to me. We are currently reviewing all our processes and systems with a view to implementing protocols which make us fully GDPR compliant before the deadline. Thanks for the link - I will continue to watch for updates

Kindest Regards,

Diane  

Highlighted

GDPR applies to personal data held on any EU citizen, regardless of where the data controller is located.

I have been hunting for any guidance on how Constant Contact will comply with GDPR and, like you, can find nothing of substance on the website.  There was a line which said they will comply by 25th May 2018.  

Hi @NatalieG26

I'm sorry that you haven't found the guidance you're looking for in our resources. I'd like to assure you that I've reached out to our teams that have been working on this to get more information, and I'll follow up once I know more. 

At this time, we do have this resource about the GDPR in our Knowledgebase. At the bottom of that article, we've provided contact information for additional questions. If there's something specific you're looking for please don't hesitate to reach out that way! In the meantime, I'll continue to research and talk to our teams here, and reply back once I have more details. Thank you!

Natalie B.
Social Media Marketing Manager
Regular Visitor

GDPR - changes to data protection Act in UK

With the upcoming chages to the Data Protection Act, I have to prove that everyone on my database has opted in to receive emails since the changes have come in (May 2018).

I was thinking of using a short opt in/opt out survey to my existing database.  Will the survey tool give me the option to view everyone's response individually? 

I feel this will give me the option to manually update my database.

Thanks

CTCT Employee

Re: GDPR - changes to data protection Act in UK

Hi @MartinC7,

Thanks for reaching out about this as we know how important it is to be in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that goes into effect on May 25, 2018. Please refer to this resource for more information about how it affects the data in your Constant Contact account, and the requirements for GDPR compliance.

Nichelle M
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Regular Visitor

Hi,

Thanks for your message, it was helpful.

My question was more around whether I can analyse and save individual replies to a survey to establish and record people's desire to re opt-in to my emails.

I don't seem to be able to send a functioning test survey like I can with the emails.

Thanks,

Martin

CTCT Employee

@MartinC7

Thank you for your reply! I would suggest reaching out to our Account Review department about GDPR to ensure you get all of your questions answered on this. You can click here for their contact information and available hours. Our Account Review team will be out of the office until tomorrow due to the holiday.

To answer your survey question, to send a test of your survey, you will want to create a survey invitation. This will be similar to an email and you can then send yourself a test version.

In the meantime, if you have any further questions please feel free to reach out to us here. We are always happy to assist you in any way we can!

Taryn Leinweber
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

We are working towards becoming GDPR compliant and part of this is having a double opt-in sign up process and also having the user agree to our email terms and conditions and privacy policy before sign up. 

So is there any plan (or has anyone got a workaround) to add a feature to sign-up forms to have links to external terms/disclaimer and also check boxes that need to be clicked before the user can sign up?

I feel that this is something that is really necessary going forward and for us to be fully compliant.

Honored Contributor

Re: Sign Up Forms, GDPR and Tick Boxes

Hello @DarrenC85

I wanted to let you know that I have forwarded your questions along to our team. As soon as we hear back from them, we will update you here with their response. 

Thanks, 

Occasional Visitor

Re: Sign Up Forms, GDPR and Tick Boxes

As a small business owner, we have a small database of emails that we send out a weekly 'offers' mail to. Will Constant Contact have some kind of opt in button that we can embed in these emails so that we are compliant with GDPR? The main concern for us is that we have to have some kind of proof that clients have opted in or are happy for us to continue to have their data... Just having an unsubscribe link is no longer a viable option according to GDPR law.