cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compliance with European General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)

SOLVED
Highlighted

Re: Compliance with European General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)

Hi @NatalieG26

I'm sorry that you haven't found the guidance you're looking for in our resources. I'd like to assure you that I've reached out to our teams that have been working on this to get more information, and I'll follow up once I know more. 

At this time, we do have this resource about the GDPR in our Knowledgebase. At the bottom of that article, we've provided contact information for additional questions. If there's something specific you're looking for please don't hesitate to reach out that way! In the meantime, I'll continue to research and talk to our teams here, and reply back once I have more details. Thank you!

Natalie B.
Social Media Marketing Manager
Regular Visitor

Re: GDPR - changes to data protection Act in UK

Hi,

Thanks for your message, it was helpful.

My question was more around whether I can analyse and save individual replies to a survey to establish and record people's desire to re opt-in to my emails.

I don't seem to be able to send a functioning test survey like I can with the emails.

Thanks,

Martin

CTCT Employee

Re: GDPR - changes to data protection Act in UK

@MartinC7

Thank you for your reply! I would suggest reaching out to our Account Review department about GDPR to ensure you get all of your questions answered on this. You can click here for their contact information and available hours. Our Account Review team will be out of the office until tomorrow due to the holiday.

To answer your survey question, to send a test of your survey, you will want to create a survey invitation. This will be similar to an email and you can then send yourself a test version.

In the meantime, if you have any further questions please feel free to reach out to us here. We are always happy to assist you in any way we can!

Taryn Leinweber
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
All Star

Hi,

As a small business the requirements of GDPR Compliance are a major concern and we are looking forward to receiving copies of your policies on cookies and data protection. We have used Constant Contact for several years and are delighted with the service we receive. We would not be happy if we had to cease using you simply because you couldn't comply in time to reassure us that everything would be in place.

One of our major concerns is whether or not keep our customer data on an EU based server.

Please can you confirm that this is one of the steps you will be implementing before 25th May 2018.

Kindest Regards,

Diane Wass, Partner, The Acorn Gallery, Pocklington UK

Honored Contributor

Hello @DianeW60

Thank you for bringing your concerns to us around GDPR. I have sent your concerns over to our Compliance team, who are the experts on this topic. When I have more information, I will update you via this thread. 

Honored Contributor

Hello @DianeW60

After speaking with our Compliance and Privacy teams, they have assured me of a few things: currently, all data you upload to Constant Contact is stored in the US, Constant Contact is Privacy Shield certified, and Constant Contact will be GDPR-compliant by May 25, 2018. Our teams are working hard to ensure that our customers are able to stay within the regulations set forth in GDPR by using our services. With this being said, please understand that both you and Constant Contact have obligations and requirements for GDPR compliance. For more information, we encourage you to take a look at our article here. As more information becomes available, we will be keeping that Knowledge Base article updated. 

All Star

Hi Samantha,

Thanks for getting back to me. We are currently reviewing all our processes and systems with a view to implementing protocols which make us fully GDPR compliant before the deadline. Thanks for the link - I will continue to watch for updates

Kindest Regards,

Diane  

We are working towards becoming GDPR compliant and part of this is having a double opt-in sign up process and also having the user agree to our email terms and conditions and privacy policy before sign up. 

So is there any plan (or has anyone got a workaround) to add a feature to sign-up forms to have links to external terms/disclaimer and also check boxes that need to be clicked before the user can sign up?

I feel that this is something that is really necessary going forward and for us to be fully compliant.

GDPR Opt-in emails

Hi, 

Does anyone have any good tips for getting the best response rate for opt-in campaigns? I am planning to email all of my contacts to get them to opt-in again, as part of our GDPR compliance preparation and want to make sure that I get the best possible return. 

If you have any ideas let me know.

Thanks,

Iain

Honored Contributor

Re: Sign Up Forms, GDPR and Tick Boxes

Hello @DarrenC85

I wanted to let you know that I have forwarded your questions along to our team. As soon as we hear back from them, we will update you here with their response. 

Thanks, 

Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!