cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compliance with European General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)

SOLVED
CTCT Employee

Re: Sign Up Forms, GDPR and Tick Boxes

Hello @KayO6,

Thank you for adding to the discussion! We are still developing our plans to be compliant for GDPR and cannot provide an accurate idea yet of what the future tools will look like, though as soon as we make the information available we will share it here as well. I'm sure the teams involved will be looking at how we manage the confirmed opt-ins like what is being discussed, we just can't speak to what the final result will look like at this time. I'll add you to the list of people who are looking for this information as well.

Aaron_H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Solution Provider

@Aaron_H  Since we have no way of knowing where a person is located when they signup,  why can Constant Contact have a required confirmation link in the Welcome Email that clearly identifies if they are from EU, then they must click to agree in order to receive future emails.   

Then in our weekly Subscriber Email Report add

The number of people who did not agree

The number of people who did not open the Welcome email

... with links to the email addresses.

This would streamline the entire process and make it easier to manage and be in compliance.

Looking forward to your reply.

Tags (1)
Solution Provider

@Aaron_H If I could easily sort my contacts by Country instead of City/State, then I could address GDPR to my client list by adding a Tag.

Can you get this Sort Field be added to assist us?

Highlighted

GDPR Opt-in emails

Hi, 

Does anyone have any good tips for getting the best response rate for opt-in campaigns? I am planning to email all of my contacts to get them to opt-in again, as part of our GDPR compliance preparation and want to make sure that I get the best possible return. 

If you have any ideas let me know.

Thanks,

Iain

CTCT Employee

Re: GDPR Opt-in emails

Hi @IainF76

Thank you for reaching out to the Constant Contact Community. It's my pleasure to assist you today.

That's a great question! It's great you are working on becoming GDPR compliant. As a best practice and to get a strong response, I would make a couple of suggestions. To ensure that your contacts know why you are emailing them, make sure you have a clear subject line and brief them on why you are sending them the information. Also include information on what they should expect in emails from you going forward, such as how often you send, what kind of emails you send, the content that they will be receiving and so forth.

In order to get more specific tips about your account and go over all of your options you can reach out directly to our Deliverability team and they will go over this information with you. In the meantime, if you have further questions please feel free to reach out here.

Thank you for choosing Constant Contact. Have a great weekend! 

Adrienne B.

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Tags (1)
All Star

Hi

At present CC is not GDPR compliant anyway -  we are waiting for confirmation that they have taken the necessary steps.

CTCT Employee

Hello @BenT73,

I admit that I'm not as familiar with the GDPR as I am with our products in general, but I did find this information, which includes a timeline for when we will be fully GDPR compliant, as well as some general information on the process and steps which users may want or need to take.

Aaron_H.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
All Star

Hi

thanks for reply - but saying " we will be compliant by the May deadline" does not amount a timescale of progress towards that. We , as I am sure many organisations are, are working very hard towards compliance and can not afford to assume that you are on track.  We need plenty of time to find alternative providers who are already compliant if we are not confident that CC will be fully compliant. We need concrete evidence of how you will be compliant -  what you have done so far and what the next steps are. Without these, we will have no option but to reluctantly take our business elsewhere. I am sure many of your customers are in the same position.

Regular Visitor

Ben, Thanks for asking those questions. GDPR is a yet another bit of compliance to get on top of! I've put it off and only now just logged in to search for GDPR issues on this forum. I suspected that with my belief that CC is a US company that they wouldn't know what GDPR is or be able, or willing to help much. I'll scan the GDPR posts and see if there is any clear idea of what I should be doing and how easy, or difficult CC make it to achieve that. It will be interesting to see how CC respond to the suggestion that if they do not facilitate their customers to become compliant, those customers may have to move their business elsewhere. I wonder what % of their business is European? 

GDPR data processing agreement

Does Constant Contact have a data processing agreement it will send out to its customers/Solution Providers? If you don't, then will you accept my agreement, drafted by a UK lawyer? 

I appreciate you're working towards being compliant by 25 May, but I need to be too and need a data processing agreement in place with you before then. 

Incidentally,   is providing their own agreement and have been very vocal about being GDPR compliant.