cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compliance with European General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)

SOLVED

Re: Survey buttons on GDPR link not working

Hello all,

Because Constant Contact has always been a permission-based email marketing system, we've already got many tools that will help our customers who may have GDPR obligations and we'll be adding more. We have developed a guide that goes over GDPR and covers tools they can use right away. Click here for the guide. This guide can also be found in our Help Center. As more information and tools become available we will update our customers here and elsewhere.

Nick S.
Social Media & Content Manager

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Hi thank you for your reply

I have sent a test mail and none of the buttons appear on desktop, they appear on preview but not the actual test sent ! 

any help appreciated 

Tags (3)
CTCT Employee

@colletteo1

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! I'm sorry to hear the buttons in the email are not displaying properly! We definitely want to take a look into this issue for you.

Please email us at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with your username, email campaign name, and a reference to this post and we will investigate further!

Taryn Leinweber
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Regular Visitor

Unsubscribe option in mt email body

Hello All, 

Due to the new law from May 25th, 2018 I am wanting to add a unsubscribe button to my email body for my contacts to be able to unsubscribe automatically and not have to send an email wishing to do so! I know its in the footer of the emails already but want a more visual one for this specific email. 

Please, can someone help...  

Thank you 

CTCT Employee

Re: Unsubscribe option in mt email body

Hi @First-NameL904546,

Thank you for reaching out to the Constant Contact Community.  I’d be happy to assist you today.

We do not currently have a way to insert an unsubscribe option in the body of a campaign.  We do have a feature request that I will add you to for that function, so you can be notified if it becomes available.  Some customers put a reminder in the body of the email to go to the footer to unsubscribe, but normally the footer is the first place most recipients go to for the unsubscribe.

Information about the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) can be found at this link.  You will also want to send the new GDPR email template to gain and document express consent from your contacts

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

Donna_P.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Occasional Participant

GDPR template email

Ive send a premade gdpr consent template email out to around 4000 emails. It contained the opt in  link in the middle of the email, but since last friday i have not received any confirmations, or click throughs. 

Where would i find the subscribers who have given me consent? I cant believe that not one out of 4000 has said yes. In fact i even replied to the email with my own email address and i cant see my own 'opt in' response.

Please assist with where this info may be hiding.

CTCT Employee

Re: GDPR template email

Hi @JonB3,

Thank you for reaching out to us through the Community. At this current time, the soft opt-in links are not being tracked and reported within our system. I have tracked this request to your account, notifying our developers to potentially add this tracking feature to the GDPR templates. I do apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. It is possible that they have given consent, but those who have chosen to opt-out have done so by clicking on the unsubscribe link. Let us know if you have any additional questions. 

Lucas_D

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing
Occasional Participant

What a completely pointless email template then! The whole point of getting ready for GDPR is to gain  consent, not to soak up the people who haven't bothered to open, read and action the email.

What exactly does the 'Yes continue sending me emails' button on the email template do then?

I think Constant Contact have made a big mistake here, with only a month left too. Poor showing.

Visitor

I totally agree - I sent the email out to my contacts to comply with the GDPR rules by requesting confirmation that they still wanted to hear from me - so if I don't know who has clicked the link how can I comply. 

Now I'm going to look like a complete idiot if I have to ask them again, or worse I'll be contacting them when they have not agreed.

Occasional Participant

I found that the above information given by the moderator was incorrect.

If you go into your 'my settings' page from the icon on the top right of your screen you can 'enable enhanced email permissions' on the left. Then when you look at your contact you can filter by clients who have given explicit consent.