cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compliance with European General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)

SOLVED
Occasional Participant

Re: GDPR template email

Hi, 

I've managed to go to my settings and enabled advanced email permissions. However, Expressed permissions are not showing. Also, when I sent a preview test email to an email address I own and clicked on the 'Yes, continue to send me emails' button, my opt in is nowhere to be found....I am assuming that it will show up under 'Expressed permissions' once someone can kindly tell me how to get it up on my contacts list. 

Would really appreciate some help. Many thanks!

CTCT Employee

@BamideleQ

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! That is a great question. Your Expressed Permission section will show up under your Contact Management page when you have contacts opt in from your GDPR email campaign. When sending a test email, this will not record as an opt in because it is a test. If you do a live send to yourself and click the option to opt in, you will then be added to the Expressed Permission section.

If you follow these steps and are still having issues, please email privacy(at)constantcontact(dot)com and our team can assist you further. Thank you!

Taryn Leinweber
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
All Star

Please can you put the GDPR opt in button that you have in your GDPR email template onto the left hand bar, so that this can be integrated into a standard email that we can send out. Thank you. 

Tags (1)
CTCT Employee

Hi @RosemaryL7

Thank you for reaching out to the Constant Contact Community. It's my pleasure to assist you today.

That's a great piece of feedback and I'm happy to submit it on your behalf! You may also submit your feedback directly to our developers on our Feedback forum.

In the meantime, please feel free to reach out if you need further assistance. Thak you for choosing Constant Contact. Have a great day!

Adrienne B.

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!

GDPR - creating a "continue hearing from us" link

Good Morning,

With GDPR changes coming, looking to send an e-mail campaign that gives some data we have a "last chance" to register with us, with the option of opting-in if they still want to hear from us (as may not be ready to engage with us fully and register)

Does anyone know how to create this? I saw this email from a company that uses CC and directs you to a link where it just confirms you've clicked and want to continue hearing from them. Something like this would be ideal...

Screenshot from 2018-05-08 09-59-04.png

CTCT Employee

Re: GDPR - creating a "continue hearing from us" link

Hi @First-NameL00025,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!  I'd be happy to help you.

We do have a new GDPR email template to gain and document express consent from your contacts!

Also, additional Information about the new General Protection Data Requirements (GDPR) can be found at this link.  

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

Donna_P.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Highlighted
Occasional Participant

GDPR - template use and keeping a compliant database

Hi there,

I'm trying to find the best way to keep new contact I add to the database GDPR compliant. Firstly I get most of my contacts from events where my company get people's business card but not necessarily their express permission to contact them. The best way I thought would be to use your GDPR template as an automated email to any contacts that get added to any of our EU contact lists.

However I have found this to be unsatisfactory.

The typical way this is set up the new contacts that are added will receive this email and the way I see it can do one of three things:

1) Click that they want to receive emails from us and their contact will be updated to 'express permission' but I don't have a way of knowing who has done this except physically going to check if they have. Then I have to actual do something like make a tag for this, and tag each of these as with my made 'express permission' tag, so when sending an email I define the lists further by only ones with an express permission tag.

2) Click the tiny unsubscribe link at the top or bottom of the email, this can't be placed in the body of emails which I found after much HTML headbanging. This is ideal for people who don't want to receive my emails but I feel it should be easier and clearer and addable to the body of the email (looking back on old community posts this is something that has been requested for years).

3) What I assume most people will do and probably ignore the email. So I don’t have their express consent  to still contact them but they are still on my database. This is not great fro GDPR. I also don’t know I don’t have their consent without actually going to check that they still haven't given express permission. They also could still receive emails if I don't go and tag them with a 'not yet consented' tag and make sure I define them out.

All of these aren't really great and I feel the whole process should be way more intuitive and automated.

For example just having the 'express consent' and 'implicit consent' be actual automated tags and therefore definable when sending an email would help a great deal instead of having to make these tags and then constantly going back to see if contacts with these tags need to be changed.

If i could get your advise that would be greatly appreciated

CTCT Employee

Re: GDPR - template use and keeping a compliant database

Hi @SophiaJ39,

We understand that making sure you are compliant with GDPR is important and we are here to help! That is correct that you can add your new contacts to your account and follow-up with the GDPR email template so they can confirm their permission. Any contact who clicks the button in the template is immediately documented as giving his/her express consent to receive emails from you and his contact record appears in the Express Permission folder in the Contacts tab. (Note: you'll need to Enable Advanced Permissions in My Settings.)

In addition, adding these contacts to a specific Email List or Tag allows you to know specifically which contacts have confirmed their permission. You'll also know of any contacts who haven't given their express permission as those will remain in the Implied Permission folder.

We do apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and your concerns have been forwarded appropriately and tracked for our programmers. We appreciate your feedback!

Nichelle M

Occasional Participant

Hi Nichelle M,

Thanks for your response. It still just feels like an unsatisfactory and completely minimal tool to use for GPDR compliance. I understand that you may not be the person to discuss this with so if you could do the thing where you pass this on to the developers that would be great. I'll also post this in the feedback forum as well.

Apologies, I'm going to do a numbered list again on ways the express and implied permission tool is unsatisfactory and could be improved:

1) This is not really trackable, to see if someone has clicked the button to give express permission you have to physically keep going back and checking. Also on the reporting of the email itself you can't see this data.

2) It is not definable at all. It would be amazing and actually maybe make this tool useful if when sending an email you could define your lists to 'Only send to express permission contacts'. 

3) To do anything like the two above you have to probably make a tag for each and keep going back into you contacts and the express and implied permission lists and select them all and make sure they are all tagged correctly. 

4) GDPR requires proof of consent, I can't really see how this fulfils this. There isn't a way to see things like the date they gave express permission or how they gave it. I mean I can just change this field for all my contact and it still is the same as if they gave consent.

In essence I don't really get what this tool does at the moment. This needs to be a much more powerful part of CC with at least it being an automatically updated field that is definable when sending an email that would start make it useful. I understand that this is just a issue for EU contact but I don't see how making at least the change I just recommended would affect global users if it was just an optional tool to define recipients further.

Thank you for reading and taking my concerns on board, I look forward to hearing back from you.

CTCT Employee

Hi @SophiaJ39,

Thank you for reply and the feedback that you provided. I do apologize if our GDPR tool feels unsatisfactory. We do appreciate any feedback and suggestions that our customers send our way so that we may direct it to our developers. In regards to your fourth point, the main factor of the GDPR regulation is to have expressed consent from your contacts. It is irrelevant to how they gave expressed consent. As long as you have them within the Expressed Status page of your database, you should be able to contact them under the new regulation. With that being said, I have submitted the requests to our developers so that they may review the requests and hopefully implement them in future updates. Thank you once again for the feedback and please let us know if you need assistance with anything else.

Lucas_D

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!