cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant Contact email warning scaring customers

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Constant Contact email warning scaring customers

I got a return email from a friend telling me that the constant contact email I sent last evening arrived with a scary warning, keeping him from opening it. That could explain why my Constant Contact results are so dismal. I need to email the warning to you and get your comments. How do I do that.
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Constant Contact email warning scaring customers

Hello @GaryB009! I'm sorry that your friend is seeing a warning message when viewing your email. It looks like you were able to call into our Support team and they were able to provide some information about why they were seeing this message (usually it's as a result of security settings in their email client). Please let us know if you have any further questions!

Caitlin M.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

I have customers getting this warning "This message may not have been sent from Company Name <myemail.ey.com>. This might be a phishing message and potentially unsafe. THINK BEFORE YOU CLICK ON LINKS OR OPEN ATTACHMENTS. Please contact your local service desk with any concerns.

What do I need to do to get this removed?  I think my account is verified, but this will scare people.  

Tim

CTCT Employee

Hello @TimP868,

In most cases, those warnings are provided when sending to your own domain, and is just your internal security recognizing that your servers didn't actually send the email.  If your customers are seeing that, or if internal deliverability is important, it's best to talk directly to our Deliverability team about some alternate authentication options.  You can reach the Deliverability Department at any of the numbers listed here.

Aaron H
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!