cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant Contact, please fix your outbound email format

Occasional Advisor

Constant Contact, please fix your outbound email format

This has been bugging me for a while. You pride yourselves on being experts in ensuring emails are displayed properly on mobile devices. However, your own emails are not displaying properly. Please see attached screenshot of my mobile (Android-based Samsung.)  Your email shows ".fakespace{} body[ width:100%important..." as the preheader whereas my email (the top one) shows "we now close at 7 pm". It's a credibility issue - if you cannot get your emails showing properly, how do I know mine are always going to show properly?

Suggest you get this fixed, it's been this way for a while.

2017-02-15 18.34.38.png

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Constant Contact, please fix your outbound email format

Hi @JimDom

Thank you for bringing this to our attention! Our marketing team tries their best to test all emails to ensure that they display properly, and I'm sorry that they are not doing so in your email client. Could you please tell us what email client and device you're using so that I can get this information over to the correct people and have them take a look at it? If you'd rather not post that information publicly you can always send us an email at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com including your username and a reference to this post. Though we do not expect our customers to experience something like this with their emails, should you ever see anything similar, please let us know so that we can work towards correcting the issue. I appreciate you taking the time to share this screenshot and let us know how the email is displaying for you so that we can work to correct this asap. Thanks again!

Natalie B.
Social Media Marketing Manager
Occasional Advisor

Android native email client running Marshmallow 6.0.1

CTCT Employee

Hello @JimDom,

Thanks for providing this additional info. I will notify the proper team immediately.

Jonathan Rich
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Occasional Advisor

Oddly enough, an older Samsung I have running KitKat 4.4 displays the email without the additional syntax.

kit kat mail.jpg

Hello @JimDom,

Thank you so much for sharing this. I will make sure to direct it to the team investigating this issue.

Nick S.
Social Media & Content Manager

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.