cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant Contact uploads photos sideways

Occasional Visitor

Constant Contact uploads photos sideways

I am having the same problem!  Almost everytime I upload photos they come in sideways!  They are not sideways on my computer or in my phone, but Constant Contact is rotating them.  It's very frustrating and looks very unprofessional sending an email like that.  It is way too time consuming to have to go in and edit each photo and especially the fact that Constant Contact will NOT save the image rotated is even worse!  
  I go into EDIT, Transform, Rotate, then EXPORT.  NOTHING CHANGES.  I don't know what to do.  I used to love Constant Contact, but now I am getting very disappointed and frustrated.  I sure hope they fix this issue!  PLEASE!  Thank You!

My idea, is take out the feature that automatically rotates photos, also FIX the problem with your editing software.  There is no save button, and EXPORT does NOT work!  Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Re: Constant Contact uploads photos sideways

@KatieM931 

Thanks for reaching out to the Community. I do understand the importance of using images in your campaigns and that the images are presented properly.  We are researching why images taken with a mobile device rotate when uploaded and we will keep you posted on any updates to the issue. I am sorry that you also have difficulty rotating the images using our editor.

As our engineers work to resolve the issue, I can offer a couple of suggestions:

• To prevent image from rotating - In addition to using the image editor to rotate the image you can also take a screenshot of the image and save it in Paint to remove the orientation of the image and upload that version of the image.
  • To ensure your edited/rotated image shows correctly in the library – Once the image is uploaded or edited, refresh the webpage

If you don’t see the image rotated after making your initial edits and refreshing the browser, you can also try another browser or try your current browser in incognito mode to see if this could be a browser issue.

Please let me know if this helps!

Mary S
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.