Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contact Lists

SOLVED
Highlighted
All Star

Contact Lists

I'd like to be able to merge lists, is this in your plan?
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Contact Lists

Hi @McKennaR 

The good news is you can do this! You can merge multiple contact lists directly through the Contacts Tab of your account. This can be done through 5 simple steps:

1. Click Contacts tab of your account
  2. "Email Lists".
  3. Select any lists you want to merge together by clicking the check box.
  4. Click Merge.
  5. Name this new merged list of contacts.

click_contacts_new_top_navigation_1 (6).png

select_lists_to_merge_234.png

new_list_name_then_merge_56.png

Hope these steps helped!

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
All Star

Hi Frankie_P,

I have more than 10k contacts in one of the lists, so Constant Contact won't let me. If you can think of another way around this, that would be great. 

MR

Hi @McKennaR 

Thank you for following up with us on this! You are correct, this merge feature is not currently available if you are trying to merge more than 50 lists or any lists with over 10,000 contacts. Though we are no longer making updates or changes to the current Contact's experience, this is a feature request we are collecting feedback on for our New Contacts Redesign experience. In the meantime a workaround you can try is exporting your list and re-uploading it into the correct listI apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Frankie.P

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
All Star

That's a great suggestion for a workaround. Thank you!

Hi @McKennaR 

You're very welcome! I'm glad we could help point you in the right direction. Feel free to reach out to the Community again if you have any further questions.

Frankie.P