Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contact list - Source information

Highlighted
All Star

Contact list - Source information

Hello,

We have a list we need to check where each contact came from. We have downloaded the report with the 'Source column' activated. We have three option: Website (subscribed through the website); Added By You and a Blank.

We normally add many contacts because they have signed up through our Box Office system, which means we manually add lists to Constant Contact. What does the Blank source mean? What's the different between the 'Added By You' list? The number of 'Added By You' is substantially less than the Blank ones, which doesn't necessarily make sense.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
CTCT Employee

Re: Contact list - Source information

Hey @saskiam1,

Welcome back to the Community! Thank you for all the great questions. So the reason that the source is blank is because in 2014 we upgraded our Contact Management system into a new platform. Any contact added before June 2014 the contact source will most likely be blank due to this upgrade. That's why there are some inconsistencies with your 'Added By You' numbers. I do apologize for any confusion or inconveniences that has caused. 

Please let us know if you have any further questions!

Desi_B
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
All Star

Thank you very much for the response. Is there no way to separate which blank source contacts were added by us and which blank contacts where signed up through the website, correct? 

CTCT Employee

Hi @saskiam1,

Thank you for replying back to us! At this time, we do not have the ability to separate the blank source contacts that were manually added in and the contacts that signed up through the website. I do apologize for any inconvenience this might have caused. Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Lucas_D
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing