cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
In recognition of Martin Luther King Day, our Support Centers will be open with limited hours on Monday (1/20) from 10AM ET to 6PM ET.
Visit our Help Center to see all of the ways you can find answers to your questions.

Contact lists are disappearing

Contact lists are disappearing

When I add a list to a contact an existing list will disappear.  For example I have a contact who is in three lists.  I add a fourth list and one of the existing lists will disappear.  Sometimes if I get out of that contact screen and come back in the missing list will reappear but sometime it won't.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Contact lists are disappearing

Hi @LisaC892 

I'm so sorry to hear this is happening! We have seen cases where adding or removing lists through the contact profile can cause lists to disappear. However this tends to happen in accounts where there are over 100 lists stored in it. I can see this is not the case as you do not have more than 100 lists. I have also tested with an address of my own and was unable to replicate the same experience. Please email us at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with a reference to this post, your username, and the following details:

Once we get this information we would be happy to troubleshoot further!

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

Same thing just happened to us and I had a automation attached. So disappointed! This is awful.

Kim

Liveops, In

Hi @ReganP 

I apologize you too are having this experience. What exactly are you experiencing? Are you seeing these lists disappear when adding your contact to a list that's attached to an automated series? Having these details along with any example contact you may have information to have. Please send us these troubleshooting details by email to social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with a reference to this post and your username. In the meantime, as mentioned previously in this thread, we have seen this happen in accounts with over 100 lists. I have taken a look at your account and can see your account does in fact have more than this amount in it. For these experiences there are a few workarounds we suggest:

1. Exiting and re-entering the contact so all lists to re-appear.
  2. Use the stars to mark the list that is not appearing as a favorite on the main contacts page so it will appear at the top of the selections.
  3. Select ALL lists to be added, applying them, and removing the ones that are not needed. 

Are you able to add your contact to the correct list through one of these steps?

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.