cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contacts Awaiting Confirmation. How can I remove them from this list without deleting them?

All Star

Contacts Awaiting Confirmation. How can I remove them from this list without deleting them?

An alert says that if I delete them from the CAC list, the contacts will be permanently deleted from my account.
3 REPLIES 3
CTCT Employee

Re: Contacts Awaiting Confirmation. How can I remove them from this list without deleting them?

Hey @VALVolunteerJ,

Thank you for reaching out to us! That is an excellent question. There are only two ways to remove a contact from the Awaiting Confirmation list. First, is by deleting the contact as you previously stated. Second, is by having the customer find the email sent to them by Constant Contact and confirming that they do want to be re-added to your mailing list. Hope this helps!

Let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Desi_B
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
All Star

Re: Contacts Awaiting Confirmation. How can I remove them from this list without deleting them?

I have a slightly different problem.  I don't know why they have the "awaiting confirmation" status to begin with.  I have tried deleting contact permanently and the contact activity confirms it.    Then I create a new contact with the same name/email  and it says it already exists and reappears as "awaiting confirmation".  In the meantime, they are not getting any emails....and they can't find anything asking for confirmation.  (We do not use this feature, so somehow it was accidently done when this contact was entered.)

Hi @CulinaryG 

I apologize for any confusion caused from this contact! I took a look at the details of this contact they have signed-up through a website sign-up form. I can also see the confirmed opt-in setting is enabled in your account. This Confirmed Opt-in setting causes contacts who join your list through a sign-up form to automatically receive a  confirmation email they must respond to before being added. If a new contact doesn't click the link in the Confirmed Opt-in email, they'll be labelled in your account as "Awaiting Confirmation" and you won't be able to send any further emails to them. Deleting these contacts and re-adding them manually will not change their status as our system remembers contacts by their address. I would suggest having your contact sign-up again through your sign-up form. Doing this will allow the opt-in email to be sent again. 

Frankie P.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.