cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tomorrow morning (8/26) from 07:00 AM - 08:00 AM ET we need to make a few updates to our site. During this time, no emails will be sent and some customers will not be able to access their contacts. We recommend finishing up your work before 07:00 AM and logging in after 08:00 AM ET. Thank you for your patience while we make these updates.

Contacts and how the newsletter is addressed

Highlighted
All Star

Contacts and how the newsletter is addressed

My impression was that the newsletter would go the name of the individual and not his/her email address. Case n point: My name on the list is  and email is . The newsletter in my inbox is addressed to my email address. Don't like it. Is there another way?

1 REPLY 1

Re: Contacts and how the newsletter is addressed

Hello @ElfaH,

Great question! How a message is addressed to the recipient can depend on the email client they are using and how they have it set. A contact in your Constant Contact account might have a name associated with it but it will not necessarily display when they receive the email. 

When you say it is addressed to your email address are you referring to when you are seeing it in the list view of your inbox? Or some kind of personal greeting in the body of the email? If you could provide me with the name of the email campaign you are seeing this with I could run some tests or offer some suggestions. Additionally, a photo of what you are seeing in your email client might help with the investigation. Due to the account sensitive nature this might entail, I encourage you to email us at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with your username, the name of the campaign, a picture, and a reference to this post and we will look into it!

Nick S.
Social Media & Content Manager

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.