Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create poll link missing

SOLVED
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Create poll link missing

In attempting to create a poll, as I do each week for our newsletter, I find that the Create Poll button is missing from the pull down. I click Create, View More, then only get buttons for Create a Survey and Collect Donations - no Create Poll. Help!

Tags (3)
6 REPLIES 6
CTCT Employee

Re: Create poll link missing

Hello @JimB31236, we are sorry that when you went to go create a poll you were not able to find the link. After taking a look into your account I do see you create polls often and I apologize to you that this feature has been retired. To the handful of user of the poll we regret having to make a difficult choice in removing this option as we are sorry it didn't have the use to keep it available. 

However Jim, after looking into your account and seeing you use the poll feature often, I did make a copy of one of your older polls you had in draft and titled it 'CTCT support Poll- keep this and make copies of this for new polls.' I believe this should make it possible for you to still use this feature since it is no longer available. It is my understanding for any draft mode poll's anyone may have should give them the opportunity to copy them and create new polls. Once again, sorry this feature will no longer be available. I hope this is helpful, just log into your account to see the poll I put in draft mode for you. Please let us know if you need any more assistance. Thanks for joining us in the community!

Regular Visitor

Thanks for this, however it's a draft for a survey, not a poll. Is it possible to add a copy feature to my file, Sept 10 2016 Poll? If not, do you have a suggestion for a poll platform I can embed in our newsletter?

CTCT Employee

Hi @JimB31236, you are right it was a Survey and please forgive my overlooking of this. If you have any polls till in draft as I see you do from 2013 that you may consider using them in the meantime. We do not have the ability to copy the polls as the T2 team notified me has never been an optoin, as I tried to get you a version you could copy.

Sorry for the inconvenience, I hope you can find something good as a replacement. I do not know of anything to recomend for you to try, but searching the web should give you many options. Best of luck I wish I could have made it possible for you.

Hi @JimB31236,

I just wanted you to know we took another look at your account. Currently, your account is using our old, 2GE editor. We do have a new, 3GE editor that recently implemented an embeddable poll option so you'll get poll results from the same reporting page as the e-mail you send to your customers. If this is something you would be interested in learning more about and possibly upgrade to, please reach out to us at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com and reference this post and/or include your username and we will look into it further.  

Nick S.
Social Media & Content Manager

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Occasional Advisor

Hi Nick (and Community)

This is a question from last year. Could you update me:

- is this poll button available on emails if I signed up a month ago?

- what I want to do is have the email recipient vote on the pole, and then go through to my website for the blog. So, vote first, then read the blog. Is this possible? Could you send me an example of how to do this?

Thank you!

Hello @DebbieVG,

The poll feature is available in the third-generation editor if you are an Email Plus subscriber. It is part of our "Action Blocks" when clicking the "More" button in the editor.

The poll feature just allows them to select the answers you provide and then it will be recorded in the reporting for your email campaign. I recommend adding a "Read More" block underneath the poll that is linked to your blog site so that it is the next thing they see when scrolling through your email. 

It would look like this:

2017-08-06_11-51-36.jpg

Nick S.
Social Media & Content Manager

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.